Chlamydia Community
can you get chlamydia from a lapdance?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

can you get chlamydia from a lapdance?

My boyfriend says he contracted Chlamydia from getting a lapdance on 2 separate occasions in the last 6 months. He says his penis was exposed but the stripper had a thong on and she rubbed on him until he ejaculated. Is it really possible to get Chlamydia this way or does there have to be direct contact between penis and vagina? Am I being naive by believing him? Do you think he must have had sex with her to contract this disease? We have been together 10 years and I have had no other partners. I'm not sure what to do.
It is possible to contract chlamydia from genital to genital contact without intercourse.  Being that thongs do not offer anything that could be considered a barrier and fluid can go through cloth materials, then I'd say that yes, it is possible he got chlamydia this way.

Personally, I wouldn't trust him not to have gone all the way though, if I were you.  But that is something you will have to decide within yourself.  Without being there, there is no way to prove or disprove it.
okay, thanks for the info. I'm really struggling with this. 10 years is a lot of time to throw away but at the same time he put me at risk which is what hurts the most.  Guess I have a lot of thinking to do.
It is "possible" but the chances would be slim to none.... by the time the fluid would have gotten through her panties the virus would not survive. also he fluids would have to touch his penis hole..... chances are that he had penetration.

If he is going to put you at risk for STDs then you should strongly suggest moving on to someone who won't.
I would agree with the chances if it were say, a towel, jeans, shorts.  But thongs offer very little material to cover that area.  And if aroused, then forget about it.  Either way the risk was there and a personal choice has to be made here.  I understand because i've been in this position before.  Good luck.
thanks for your input kdaily. Chlamydia is a bacteria though, not a virus.
It really is not possible to contract Chlamydia from a lap dance. The reason is ..Chlamydia is a very fragile bacteria. The infectious elementary bodies are difficult to culture even in the best of clinic sample. You really have to have intimate mucus membrane to mucus membrane contact to catch it. You can`t catch it from shorts ,jeans, towels, etc.
@2terrified- you said you've been in this position before. Can I just ask what you ended up doing? Were you happy with the decision you made in the end? If you don't want to share that's fine. thanks.
I know your question is directed to 2terrified but I just would like to let you know I've dealt with my dad doing this to mom about three times now, if hes gonna do it once he'll do it again and he is obviously not worrying about catching STDs and giving them to you... and you don't need that as your body and health is more important then a guy; and I'm Sorry if I'm blunt but I hate to see ppl stay in a relationship where they're getting hurt and it is probably because I've watched it happen to my mom. Good luck
Dallasfan:  that is what I was trying to say...that if it was through jeans, shorts, towels, then chlamydia wouldn't be passed.  But with thongs, there is barely a barrier if there is one at all and any slight movement can shift them very easily and bam, you have contact.  I guess I have to try to explain better.

Truthseeker: precisely what kdaily said is what i had to think about.  Especially with my little boy.  I tried to stay and hang in there but I realized that he was just trying to play me as long as I let him.  In your situation, your BF obviously doesn't care about getting caught and what this may have done to you.  He used a terrible lie (this is what my instincts tell me).  If he was truly remorseful, he wouldn't have gone a second time to the strip club.  Is he trying to say he got chlamydia from 2 separate lapdances from 2 separate women?  Or even the same woman...he gives you much less credit for intelligence than you deserve.  To answer your question...i left and will be divorced from my cheating ex-husband this month.  And I moved very far away to stay away from him because he still thinks he has rights to me.
I want to add that I hope this helps you in your decision.  Really, this is your situation and you know what is right for you. Ten years is a long time so I do understand why you are reluctant in leaving.  But will another ten years of not trusting him be worth it?  Or would you rather open yourself to a man who will at the very least care about what his actions do to you?  Good luck.
Very well said 2t
Lets say you had chlamydia before and you are cured now. The panties you are using now were also once used when you HAD chlamydia. Is there a chance that you can get it back by using the panties you had used when you were not cured yet?? and the panties were washed!
My husband had lap dance - he said his pants were wet from her urinating on him; now has raw skin on his penis; could he have caught something?
Hi, all i know that chlamydia is transmitted sexually....No way that nothing happen, you cant get STDs from just rubbing unless is genital warts and herpes....
Yes! I got chlamydia from a lap dance, even though I had my pants on.

Guys: Don't let strippers give you the kind of lap dances where they actually grind their vaginas against you. You will get chlamydia this way. If you have a wife or girlfriend, you will have to tell her, and it will ruin your life. It's just not worth it.
No there is no way you can get chlamydia with your pants on. That is scientific fact. If you has said that your penis was exposed and the person kept rubbing her vagina on your ***** then I still wouldn't 100% believe it but at least there would be a small chance. STD's are fragile and do not go through clothing. Just like it is not possible to get a STD from a toilet seat.