Chlamydia Community
can you have symtoms(symptoms) after a year?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I have been with my partner for a year now (jan2012) just before xmas i was showing symtoms (symptoms) of chlamydia and my partner didnt but she then said that her xpartner told her that he had chlamydia so my question is can u have the std for a year and then get symtoms (symptoms)? because i read that if u do get symtoms (symptoms) it normaly take up to seven weeks?
If symptoms don't happen within 1-2 weeks then it takes a while. So yes it is possible, also possible that you recently got it from her or possible she was with someone else.

If you suspect chlamydia then you and her should test.