Chlamydia Community
can you tell by the taste of semen if there is an active std in your pa...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

can you tell by the taste of semen if there is an active std in your partner

i performed oral sex to my boyfriend & it wasn't very sweet it was actually very bitter. I was told by his exgirlfriend that she had gotten chlamydia from him in the past & that she went & got treated & informed him he had given her the disease which he denied & claimed she was sleeping around...after performing oral sex though & he ejaculated in my mouth i wanted to know if since it was bitter is that a sign that he may still have chlamydia? Im too afraid to go to the doctor to get tested.
No, you can't tell.  The taste of semen can be affected by foods, drinks, etc.

However, you need to have a talk with him.  If you aren't sure that he got treated, you need to find out.  Since you are having sex with him, its vital that you do.  You don't have to blame him for giving her the infection - they probably won't know who had it first ever - but you can say you want to know.  If you haven't ever tested, it would be a good idea for you both to get tested now, and put this to rest.

Testing won't change the results - it will just make it less likely to do any damage to your reproductive organs.  I know its scary, but if you are old enough to have sex, you have to accept all that comes with it, and testing is one of those things.

Aj

thank you =) but im really afraid fo going to get checked for it, cause of my mom finding out err something & thats like a really embarrassing thing, pluss he gets realllly mad when i bring up stuff like thiss & i don wanna argue with him AT ALL. he can be realy mean sometimes & i know if i go get tested & i have it he will probably be all like i was sleeping around on him & sayy that he doesnt have it then leave me.. its juss all complicated in a whole :[
suggest you get checked together, that way there's no blame and you'll both find out and get treated (if that's the case)  around the same time.
he really isnt that type of person, its hard to explain but hes all like "im gangster, i fuckk the baddest hoes(excuse my french)" he think hes invincible to the fact he can catch a disease...&if i was to ask him to go get tested im sure he will lik freak out & go all balistic on me =(
Why are you dating a guy you are afraid of?  A guy that has your best interests at heart wouldn't "go ballistic" on you for being concerned about your health.  (He wouldn't go ballistic on you for any reason, for that matter. He probably wouldn't call women hoes, either, but I'm getting off the point.)

I know its embarrassing to go to the doctor for these things, but its so important for you to get this checked out.  If you let chlamydia go untreated, it could make you not be able to have babies later on.

You can go to Planned Parenthood, and they will be very nice, and if you are over 14, they can't tell your mother in most states.

Aj