can't seem to get rid of chlamydia
I was diagnosed with chlamydia and HSV I & II around Feb 2007. Apparently I was living in the dark for about 5 years and it would have gone on longer if I hadn't noticed the yellowish/whitish puss from my penis. To treat chlamydia, my doctor put me on 400mg of Norfloxacin twice daily and three times daily fo 250mg of tetracycline, 10mg of Papain, and 10mg Cetirizine, and biweekly gave me shots of some antibiotic on the buttcheeks. I also went in for routine prostate milking once a month. The final stage of treatment, he added 250mg of  Xidox to the regimen. The treatment took a whole year.

Things were great until recently I found white strands in my urine again - which is a symptom to having chlamydia. I've had intercourse twice so far with a condom so i'm pretty sure re-infection is ruled out. What's going on? I hate to think all that treatment went to waste for a 'common and curable disease'...

I doubt this is chlamydia.  I wonder if you have prostatitis.  How were you diagnosed with chlamydia in the first place?  That's a LOT of meds to take for just a simple chlamydia infection.  Usually you get either one dose of azithromycin, or a week's worth of doxycycline.

Have you had a prostate exam?

Aj
hi thanks for the reply. Since i haven't had any of the symptoms of protatitis and was tested (blood) positive for chlamydia, I'm pretty sure it's chlamydia. Having white strands in the urine is the first indication which is why i'm worried again. I've decided to look for another doctor to see if i can do anything else, meanwhile i'll ask about a prostate exam.

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to post. I've read that this bacteria is getting smarter and that it's building stronger resistance to the normal treatment administered.

A blood test isn't all that accurate.  You need to have a urine test or a swab test to find out if this is a current chlamydia infection.

Where are you living?  If you are in a developed country, the only time the blood tests should be used for testing for chlamydia is during a fertility work up.

I'm not saying you don't have chlamydia.  I'm saying you need a better workup.  I also don't think that you would have gone 5 years without knowing you had chlamydia the first time.  You can have it for a few years without knowing, but 5 is really too long.

I hope you get some answers from a new doctor.

Aj
hi just got back from the clinic. they took a swab off my penis head and it tested positive for chlamydia. She put me on doxycycline for the next 10 days - 2 tabs of 100mg per day one morning one night. Hopefully that'll do the trick.
Good luck!

Aj
So did the treatment work because my first 7 day cycle didnt work and Im hoping this 2nd cycle will do the trick.. Im kinda worried