chlamydia
hello,

recently i noticed a greenish discharge and some uncomfortable itchiness, i went to the gynecologist and based on physical examination she diagnosed chlamydia, i have started treatment for it but i am very confused on how i got it. I have been with the same partner for a year, and have been completely monogamous, at the beginning of the relationship we both took tests and they were negative. i only had one partner before him but about 6 months after this partner i had my yearly cervical smear and 2 months after a general screening which also tested for chlamydia and my results were negative. as soon as i told my present boyfriend i had been diagnosed with it he took the test and it was negative. Then how is it possible that i have it and he doesnt if we have been having unprotected sex several times? is it possible that i have been carrying it from my last partner (1 year 7months) and it did not show symptoms until now and did not appear on my cervical smear or the screening? or is it possible that i might have contracted chlamydia in some other way as i have not have any kind of sexual contact with anyone else during this time?
Sorry to refute your GYN`s opinion , but you can`t diagnose Chlamydia by exam alone. Several other infections can cause your symptoms. Hmmm. Now the problem, you still need a correct diagnosis, but after taking antibiotics, this would likely not be possible. Would you tell your significant other about the problem? I think you did the right thing. Chlamydia is only transmitted sexually (besides trachoma and conjunctivitis..but thats another story). Did you have Chlamydia ?...Impossible to say.. take care