Chlamydia Community
chlamydia diagnosis
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chlamydia diagnosis

The other day the doctor decided to test me chlamydia,to my utter shock it came back positive. I have only had 2 sexual partners, my ex 3 years ago who had slept with someone else and my current boyfriend who has never been with anybody else. We are very confused by this, My boyfriend went for the test too but he came back negetive. How could this be? I spoke to my doctor about it but she assured me the test is very accurate..im so confused,could it be that ive carried it from last relationship and just never knew?
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
So it's been 3 years since you had sex with your ex? If so I would guess a false positive.
Blank
yes and I have not been with anyone else since I have met my boyfriend. I did ask the doctor about whether the test could be wrong but she assured me it wasn't and gave me a prescription. It doesn't make sense to me that I could have it and my boyfriend now have it after being together for so long. Should I try going to another doctor and get re-tested? Can this go undiagnosed for years especially since sometimes people do not get symptoms?
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi linny, false positives and negatives are rare. tests are 90-95% sensitive for detecting. It is done through urine or a swab test. With the women it is swabed at he urethrea area. Did you have both tests done/
Blank
I didnt have a urine sample done no. I understand how i could have gotten it from my ex boyfriend seeing as he slept with other people but that was 3 years ago and how didn't i ever realise i had it? If I never got treated untill now would it still have been possible for me to have it for such a length of time? I also don't understand how I couldnt have given it to my boyfriend? Neither of us have been with other people since we got together.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
You would not have had this for 3 years. Was this a swab test done with a pap?
Blank
yes it was,but can you see my confusion here how could i test positive and my boyfriend be negative for chlamydia (we also rarely use condoms) I know I have not been been with anyone else and surely his negative result proves that neither has he? Neither of us have ever has any of the symtoms (symptoms) either.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Tests done with paps I have seen to have a lot higher false positives. Even though your Dr has told you one thing I have seen this time and time again on here. Chlamydia test with a pap and testing positive while partner tests negative.

False positive. I stand by that.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank