Chlamydia Community
chlamydia from underwear

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

chlamydia from underwear

Is it possible to get chlamydia (or gonorrhea for that matter) from having protected sex, putting your underwear back on without removing the condom, then soon after taking the condom off and putting your underwear back on which at this point has touched the outside of the condom?
No you can not get a STD that way.
Gonorrhea for maybe 1+ years with no symptoms is possible but not likely. Chlamydia in woman for maybe 2+ years but again not likely. Both usually shorter.

Not sure on a consensus or not but have read that they do usually clear on there own. But there is no guarantee and espcally in women it can cause reproductive damage.
A somewhat related question, is it possible to go several years having either chlamydia or gonorrhea without having any symptoms? Let me know if I should post this as a separate post. Thanks in advance.
One more related question and then I'll shut up. I've read differing opinions on whether these 2 STIs clear on their own or not. Is there any consensus on this yet?

No you can not get a STD that way.

Thanks Vance. I'm a male (btw) and the encounter I was concerned about was 2+ years ago and haven't had any burning/discharge/swollen testicles that I have noticed at this point so it sounds like I'm probably fine? The thought of getting it in this fashion had not even crossed my mind until I saw someone state that they contracted chlamydia this way in an old forum post somewhere on here. It sounded absurd as fluids can get transferred to your genital area that the condom does not cover anyway without risk of exposure after sex but I wanted to make sure.

I hope more concrete data around spontaneous clearing of these diseases is forthcoming from the research community.

Thanks for your help.