Chlamydia Community
chlamydia infection

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

chlamydia infection

Thank you in advance.  8 months ago after having sex, I started to need to go to the bathroom a lot.  I got nervous and went to a urologists.  He did a urinalysis that came back all negative.  He also checked to see that I was emptying my bladder correctly and I was.  He wanted to do some follow up testing; however, I was in middle of a pretty  study period and didn't go back.  Over the next few Weeks, my symptoms resolved.  A few Weeks ago the same thing happened.  It seems to come as a function of holding my ejaculate during sex.  I feel uncomfortable when I sit...like I need to pee.  This time after the 5th day it got better.  Less pain and weird sensation.  I went to an urgent care just to make sure I didn't have a uti.  They did a urinalysis, and it was clear.  My question is might I have am std that is not being detected.  I've had three partners, none of whom were sex workers.  other than frequent urination, I have no other symptoms.
A STD based just on your symptoms is unlikely, but if your having unprotected sex then testing should be done.