chlamydia testing
I read that, certainly in men, a negative chlamydia test (NAAT) could simply mean that the body cleared the infection. Does anybody know whether a chlamydia antibody blood test would allow, if negative, to exclude any recently cleared chlamydia infection?
In my, unscientific, logic clearance would require antibodies, which should be detected by such antibody blood test. Or not necessarily?
Thanks a lot for your answers.
Blood tests are unreliable. Urine tests look for the infection. It is rare for chlamydia to be cleared by the body.
Hi Vance,
Thanks a lot for answering my question.
I understand that urine tests are most reliable (and i took one and it was negative). My remaining concern is that I may have had (and transmitted) chlamydia but cleared it. I have seen answers by dr. Handsfield stating that this is possible. It is in this context that I wonder whether a negative blood test would exclude such recently cleared infection.
Gonorrhea is more likely to be cleared then chlamydia. If you think you may have transmitted it then tell that person to test just to make sure.

And why do you think you might have had it?