Chlamydia Community
chlamydia testing
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chlamydia testing

Hello,
I read that, certainly in men, a negative chlamydia test (NAAT) could simply mean that the body cleared the infection. Does anybody know whether a chlamydia antibody blood test would allow, if negative, to exclude any recently cleared chlamydia infection?
In my, unscientific, logic clearance would require antibodies, which should be detected by such antibody blood test. Or not necessarily?
Thanks a lot for your answers.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Blood tests are unreliable. Urine tests look for the infection. It is rare for chlamydia to be cleared by the body.
Blank
Hi Vance,
Thanks a lot for answering my question.
I understand that urine tests are most reliable (and i took one and it was negative). My remaining concern is that I may have had (and transmitted) chlamydia but cleared it. I have seen answers by dr. Handsfield stating that this is possible. It is in this context that I wonder whether a negative blood test would exclude such recently cleared infection.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Gonorrhea is more likely to be cleared then chlamydia. If you think you may have transmitted it then tell that person to test just to make sure.

And why do you think you might have had it?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank