Chlamydia Community
chlamydia trachoma is viral. check here

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

chlamydia trachoma is viral. check here

it is not a joke, look at trachoma at this site: www.essortment.com/all/diseasesdisorde_rmed.htm
it says just A VIRUS CAUSES TRACHOMA AND THAT IT IS CHRONIC DISEASE.. what is the truth of this? i think people are disinformed. why there is epedimy?
I was tested positive but tried to make sure of the test I send again other and other and result negative.other result nothing. I want to try alternative medicine - do have an idea of a herb or colliodal silver or bionaid tri-oxysilver?  
Go and re-read your information.  We are not misinformed.  Everything I pulled up on trachoma says it is a BACTERIA!!!  Treated with ANTIBIOTICS!!!  

Try mayoclinic.com and wikipedia.com

Furthermore, according to the cdc, there is a decline in trachoma cases with the same treatment for chlamydia trachomatis which the cdc recommends certain antibiotics.

http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/eid/vol10no11/04-0476.htm

Quote from your link

"Trachoma is another serious disorder of the eye; it is a chronic disease of the conjunctive and is very contagious. A virus causes trachoma. It is characterized by granulations, which produce scars on the lid, and by the stoppage of tears. Severe cases can result in blindness. It is very commonly associated with poverty especially among Native Americans and among people living in remote sections of the Appalachian Mountains. Practicing good hygiene is the best prevention of this disease. Antibiotics are especially helpful when treating Trachoma.

Posts like yours without sufficient evidence to back it up is the reason people panic about things.
Oh, and if you are referring to how viruses cannot be treated with antibiotics, then your source link is contradictory and not a reliable source of information.  It says it is a virus, then the last sentence says "Antibiotics are especially helpful when treating Trachoma."
chlamydia is said as i read to be both virus and bacteria and intracellular likewise gonorrhea even for this i found that it can become a virus.  see what it says on medorrhinum - viral.
our doctors keep us in the dark to take your money as indeed happened to me. there too many poor sick people and we blame the victems but we do not know who forced us into the evil tragedy for damn their benifits - i indeed sow this evil in them, they do their work but not complete at all - they let an open for us to be hurt and so their econemy will grow. and the evil not only doctors...
You can choose to panic but I choose not to. I have had chlamydia twice and it was cured both times. I believe viral cases mostly occur in the eye which again...RARE. It also boils down to proper hygiene. Simply sanatizing and washing hands properly and not touching the face would greatly reduce this type of thing.

READERS, PLEASE READ YOUR SOURCES CAREFULLY.
I sense that you are not accepting the facts about Chlamydia. It is a bacteria not a virus. It is easily treated with antibiotics. The strains that cause trachoma are different than the genital strains but are still effectively treated with antibiotics. Trachoma is a very real problem in the third world. It is the leading cause of blindness.  Topical erythromycin is very effective treatment for this. I am sorry that you are misunderstanding the information about Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. Click on the CDC information links below on this page to read more.
I did some reading on the web sites you suggested. The one website was written by Dorothy Starnes, She didn`t give a background of her education or training. Her information about trachoma is incomplete and incorrect. The web sites concerning medorrhium are so full of hokey is is almost laughable. The silver compounds you mentioned were often used 100 years ago before the development of modern antibiotics. I hope our readers here continue to follow the CDCs recommendations for treatment of Chlamydia and gonorrhea.
i have taken 1g zithromax 100/100 doxy 10 days help reduce the symtom but not total, not cure,  i consider penincilin, augmentin, to take since i have not tried this. what do you think? i have learnt that doxycycline retens is more powerful then boots - this is my experience, even trade marks are differnent. another farctor that damn chlamydia or epdemies spreads.  
Are you still testing positive for chlamydia?  Or are you having symptoms and assuming that chlamydia is the cause?
no I have taken many tests, dna-pcr, and even blood test but results negative. it must have been a false positive. i even went to london, england, the same day dorctor and took a swab for the eye and for the result he said that the lab had mistaken it for urithal swab test and so no result and sorry and the other test he took for bactaria pathogen was negative. it is terrible and unfair to treat you like that after all that money, ect. I have symptoms and assume that this is chlamydia. what can it be fungus - two test done negative, trichomoniosis, hpv, candida?  
Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is try to find a more competent doctor.  You cannot assume just because your symptoms sound like chlamydia.  Different diseases can have similar symptoms.
"I believe viral cases mostly occur in the eye which again...RARE. It also boils down to proper hygiene. Simply sanatizing and washing hands properly and not touching the face would greatly reduce this type of thing. "

What if you get it from whiping your face in your fiance's towel and later find out he had been cheating on you, but you weren't ever having sex with him so you didn't know he had anything?  That's my situation.  So please don't judge.
I was not judging. I also do things like that without thinking.  I never said it was nasty.  It is a conscious thought and simply...proper hygiene could help eliminate things like this.  Simple fact.  Not a judgement at all.  I am the last person to judge anyone here living with genital herpes, and having had hpv, trich, bv, and chlamydia at some point in my adult life.  Please don't take it as a criticism because I truly did not mean it that way.