Chlamydia Community
chlamydia
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chlamydia

Hi I have tested negative for chlamydia via vaginal swab at the health center 2 times (around the time we started dating and then again in march), but I went to a different dr. and tested positive via pee sample. I have been with my boyfriend almost a year how is it now that I am testing positive could it be a difference in tests or a mix up at the lab. My boyfriend and I are always together so I know he didn't cheat and I didn't. so how could this happen could it be left over from my last relationship.
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
You both should has a follow up test to make sure neither of you have it. Different immune systems react differently to medications. Best to use a condom till then. Its really the safest way.
The advised waiting time is 7 days AFTER you finished the medication.
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Also they told us not to have unprotected sex for a month and to use condoms every time. We had sex a day or two after treatment because they said that this was okay  with a nonlatex condom. bc im allergic to latex. also we had no sympotms of chlamydia which is why i asked if this could be a mix up at the lab as well as we both have been faithful
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
Hi and welcome. To be clear, you tested positive right after you started dating your b/f and the new doctor  did a urine test?
Blank
no i have always tested negative. i have been with him for 10 months and the new dr sent my pee to a lab and that came up for chlamydia and i know we have both been faithful.
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
Could be a false positive. Depending on the type of test done. If you in doubt then get retested at a different lab or go to your gyno for the retest. Bottom line is if  you tested positve now then you need to get treated OR retest to confirm you infact do have it.
Blank
I have been treated and so has my bf. how long till we can have unprotected sex /oral.
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
You both should has a follow up test to make sure neither of you have it. Different immune systems react differently to medications. Best to use a condom till then. Its really the safest way.
The advised waiting time is 7 days AFTER you finished the medication.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank