Chlamydia Community
cipro for chlamydia?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cipro for chlamydia?

I was tested positive for chlamydia, my doctor gave cipro. I read somewhere that cipro is effective for gonnorhea (Gonorrhea), not for chlamydia.

Am i taking wrong medicine?

thanks for reply.

Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
736575_tn?1288906158
The two preferred medications for chlamydia are azithromycin and doxycycline.  There are others,but those are the two most effective with the highest success rates in killing the bacteria completely.
Blank
dear 2terrified,

Will cipro cure chlamydia? I don't understand why my doctor gave me cipro for treating chlamydia :((((
Blank
736575_tn?1288906158
Some docs say it will.  But even the cdc recommends azithromycin(zithromax) or doxycycline.  Cipro is effective for gonorrhea but may not be against chlamydia.  Finish your meds and watch for symptoms.  If you aren't better in a couple of weeks, schedule a test for cure and go from there.  In the mean time, refrain from all sexual activity for at least 7 days.  Condoms break, so if you have sex in that time, you may infect your partner and potentially reinfect yourself.
Blank
What is main difference in terms of symptoms  b/w Gonorrhea and  Chlamydia?
Blank
736575_tn?1288906158
As far as symptoms go, there really isn't one.  That is why one is often confused with the other.  Sometimes you can have both at the same time.  What identifies them is the characteristics of the specific bacteria when tested in the lab.
Blank
736575_tn?1288906158
I have answered your question but in future please do not ask your own question under someone else's post. You can post your own by clicking on the POST A QUESTION button at the top of the page.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...