Chlamydia Community
concerns about chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

concerns about chlamydia

Hi I'm 20 years old and I'm 4 months pregnant with my first child and I got tested last week and my pap smear came back positive for chlamydia I havent had sex since me and my baby's father ast had sex so does this mean that my baby has chlamydia too??? I have taken the antibiotic proscribed to me by my doctor 3 days ago and I've been reading articles about how people have had miscarriages because of this std and that my baby could be born blind has anyone who is pregnant or was pregnant been through this??? And what are my chances of having a miscarriage???
what about your boyfriend testing before being intimate with him again?
Hi and welcome. Dont worry everything is ok. First of all a pap smear doenot diagnose chlamydia. It is a test to help detect abnormalites of the cervix. Do you know if they tested you for sure?

This does not mean your baby has chlamydia. The baby would only be exposed to contracting it if you were not treated. Your baby would only be exposed to it during the birthing process. It is not transmitted in your blood to the babys blood. Thats why blood tests are not recommended to be used to test for it, urine or a swab is used.

Any problems your baby would have would be at risk only if you did not get treated. But you have and are under a doctors care so everything is just fine for you and your beautiful baby.

Your boyfriend needs to be tested absolutely for sure if you have had unprotected sex with him before you were diagnosed.
Yes they did a pap and pee test the day I got tested and thank you ive been stressing myself out about this std
Yes he went and got tested and treated
you seem very responsible, you are going to make a great mom, the kind of mom i always wanted!!!!
dave
Awww thanks :)
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers