does 1g azithromycin work?
A former partner of mine informed me 7months ago he was positive for.chlamydia. I went and got tested and treated for chlamydia with 1 g azithromycin my current boyfriend now husband was treated three days after me with the same antibiotic...which I watched him.take. we waited 10 days after he took his antibiotics to have sex so it would have been 13 days after I was treated. Well as part of my annual pap they repeated the test now granted neither of us have not cheated or been Intimate with anyone else will azithromycin cure it? I am 100% sure neither of us have cheated. I'm just on edges waiting for this follow up because I had no doubt that....it didn't work until my annual and she wanted to retest I wasn't even told I should get a retest or test of cure. And how come the CDC doesn't reccommend a test of cure except in pregnant women?
Was your test positive?
My test was positive in march. I'm still waiting for my re test results
Oh well my dr office just called and told me I was negative for both gonorrhea and chlamydia....this makes me feel 100% better. Thank you for your response. I'm glad I found this website as it helped a little with comfort.....while awaiting the results and I think I will stick around and .... Help others ...... Because people who are undergoing treatment for chlamydia read all sorts of things on the internet about this disease, and the medicine failing, I am a success story and I want people our there who are looking.g for reassurance to know that as long as you follow the guidelines by your healthcare provider and change your ways everything will be okay. My partner and I were treated with 1g azithromycin and abstained for 10 days....and I'm negative still 7 months later! negative! I didn't deserve to get this and neither did my partner someone gave it to me before my current relationship....don't trust just anyone with your body! Because the agony of testing and treatment and wondering if it is gone is not worth that 10min sex without a condom.