Chlamydia Community
does Chlamydia heal on its own?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

does Chlamydia heal on its own?

I was tested for this the other day when I was getting tested for HSV and my results came back as followed:

C.TRACHOMATIS IGG <1:64
C.TRACHOMATIS IGA <1:16
C.TRACHOMATIS IGM <1:10

Now I know that it is not detected at this point as that is what my doctor told me but he also told me that by the IGG numbers that I had it at some point but must have been treated for it.

This can't be possible as I have not ever been treated for it. so I was wondering can Chlamydia heal on it's own. i'm in a realationship now and not sure if I should have him get tested for this to make sure I didn't give it to him. Please explain...

One more thing my doc. said that I also had C. PNEUMONIAE which was from bronchitis could this have any affect on the results above
The blood tests are just not as accurate as a urine or vaginal swab test.  You need to have either of those done to see if you have it now or not.  That's what is important.

Aj
Are you serious.. so I waisted my time with getting a blood test?

Can you tell me if he was correct when he said that my IGG shows that I had it at some time?
One more thing I had a Pap and that came back as a neg. for both clamid. & gonno.

But he said that it was not accurate enough because something is not alway released at the sametime that you get the test done... Is that true or false.

thank you, I will get a urine test as well
Wow I have NO idea what your doctor is talking about.  I'm not sure he does either.

If you had a pap smear only, it MIGHT detect gonorrhea and chlamydia.  If you had separate testing for those with your pap, it would have found it.  I haven't a clue what he is talking about that might be released.  I think he is making things up as he goes.

Your IgG shows that you did, but as I said, those tests aren't really accurate.  The only time those tests should be used is in fertility testing, and its used to determine if there was an old infection and that's why someone might not be getting pregnant.

If you paid for these blood tests, I'm sorry - total waste of time, money and energy.

Aj

Thank you!!

How soon after an exposer can someone get tested?
Maybe that is what was causing all my symptoms before and I thought it was something else.

How relible is a urine test?

Thank you!!
You can test about 5 days after exposure.

The urine tests are up in the upper 90% range for accuracy.  No test is 100%.

Aj
Thank you, I may have had this for 4 months and never knew it.

Can you tell me how much damage this can cause to the body if it has been that long with out teatment??

Thank You
I was doing some research and was wondering... is azithromycin a pill or a shot?

and when I get tested and if I do have it, I know it would have been from my exposure 4 months ago would it matter if I was prescribed azithromycin or doxy?

I was reading that the azithromycin is one dose and I would like to just be able to take one pill and be done.

thank you
Azithromycin is available both as a pill and Intravenous injection. The pill form is just as effective. The dose is 4 of the 250 mg pills taken at one time. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Thank you...
Do you also know what kind of damage this may have done to me in a 4 month period?
As this maybe how long I have had it.

I won't be able to get tested until friday or MONDAY!!! so I would like to get all my info together before I go, what would be the best med to take doxy or Azithromycin.

Thanks again... I think this entire time I thought I had HSV even with Neg. test and was in the wrong direction.

Thank you
Usually 4 months isn't enough time to do much damage with Chlamydia. And both antibiotics will do the job.
THANK YOU, what a relief!!!!!

I'm gonna get tested and treated hopefully friday.
Either of the meds are fine - just eat before you go in case they give you the meds right there.  And don't urinate for at least an hour before you go.  Its also important to give them the first part of your urine stream, and not a mid-stream sample.  Don't give them a clean catch, where you use a wipe to clean the skin before.

Even if they tell you to do this, don't.  :)

Aj
Thank you!! I will be sure to do as you have instructed.

Just one more question... are there any other meds that are recommened other then the two i previously stated?

Thank you
Also I was looking up the Azithromycin pill and I was wonder if they come in packs... i hate large pills, have a hard time swollowing them. Do you know if they are large pills
Hey there

Earlier I called my doc from home (I'm out of state) and she could prescribe me any thing over the phone and suggested I go see a doc down here. So I did, the doc did a culture and prescribed me meds.

i just picked them up and they are (Pliva Generic) Azithromycin tablets 250 MG...

I was wondering does it matter if they are generic? aslo,  Dallasfan stated that there were four pills and they were to be take all at once. I have five pills and it says to take 2 the first day and then 1 pill for 3 days...

How should I take these?

Finally the doc down here had 1 refill on the pack, why would she do that unless this stuff was not reliable? is this stuff good to take.

Sorry for all the questions, I have been going through so much for the past 4 months I'm glad to finally figure out what it was that was causing all my body problems. i would like to just make sure this stuff will cure what I have.

and she did a culture she said they didn't do the urine test. i should have the results by monday..

Thank you for all the help!!
that should read could not prescribe**
HAHA one more...

It is actually six pills...
OK you want to take 4 of those at one time (you can take them individually, but you do need to take them at the same time, if that makes sense - you don't have to try and get 4 pills down your throat in one swallow).

Its fine that they are generic - I'm on generic azithromax for bronchitis right now.  

And I wouldn't worry about the refill meaning anything, and its good to know you can get it filled if you need it.

Aj
What a relief again!!!... i was worried she gave me the wrong stuff.

What about the additional pills? should I complete the package?

Do you think I will need the additional refill?

Also how long does it take to go away?

And what is my next step? do I have to return for further testing? if so when? or should I be okay to continue with out further testing?

Thank you for being there!!!! I don't know what I would do with out the help you and this forum has given me!!!
I wanted to ask you,

i have not been tested for HPV.. but I did have a papsmear 3 months after my exposure.
I also had two of the three shots for HPV (Gardasil) the two shots I had were 6 months prior to my exposure....

My questions are as followed:

would my Pap smear detect HPV the STD one...
When a Pap is done does the actual culture they take test for warts or is that what the Doc. is looking for?
Having only 2 of the three shots, does that prevent me from Genital warts or does it take all three shots.

After finding out I might have Chlamydia I felt like everything else should be covered and HPV is the only other STD that I have not been tested for.

How do they test for HPV the std?

I Left chamid. and Gono out for four months and look where it got me.

Thank you thank you!
The pap smear will detect any abnormal cell changes on your cervix.  If your pap comes back abnormal, they should do an HPV test.

It will take all 3 shots to have full protection, but 2 shots does give you substantial protection, but make sure to get that last one.

You can take the leftover pill if you want.  It won't make much of a difference either way, and you probably won't need the refill.  The chlamydia, if that's what you have, will be gone in 7 days, so don't have sex until then, and if you have sex with someone you have in the past, they should get tested first.

Aj
Thanks again for all your help... I know I have asked a lot of questions and you have been there for me!! thank  you so much.

I have one more question in regards to the Genital Warts, If I were to have gotten infected;

Would a normal pap at 3 months post exposure be a conclusive result for not having Gential (genital) warts, or does it take longer to detect Warts.

I was trying to decide if I should just get tested for it or if the pap 3months exposure was enough. Please let me know your professional opinion if I should also get a bloos test done for HPV

Thank you so much for all your help; I know I keep thanking you but i would still be lost if I didn't have  your help. It is good to be educated and to feel like things are starting to get better

PS The guy I am with now has been informed today of my possible exposure and he said he would get tested.
I was also curious is their a cure for genital warts and do they go away on their own... or are they forever lasting

Thank you!!
3 months probably isn't enough time - HPV can show years later.  Its not something to freak out about though - you've had the shots, and that's the best you can do.

HPV is self limiting, and clears within 2 years 90% of the time.  For more on HPV, see our HPV forum (they have a great health page) or go to www.ashastd.org.

Aj
Thank you so much for all your help I won't worry about HPV since I've had at least two of the shots so far and I'll ensure that when I return home to get the final one.

Thank you again for EVERYTHING!!!

I hope all goes well for you!
Thanks, and keep me posted with your results.

AJ
HEYHEY will do!!...

I was wondering does Chlamydia cause redness..

I have been checking my self for the past couple months thinking I had HSV... Noticed it was red.. I looked down there again and noticed the the redness has gone.

I think it was from the meds.!!! YAY!!

Although I've had the strongest feelings down there since this morning, is that from the meds as well??

Thank you
It could be.  If it lingers or gets worse, let your doctor know.

Aj
hey again,

I had a few questions ab the "healing process"

second day after I took meds I had a (not strong) burning sesation
third day was a lil stronger
today not really there but now I have the A typical discharge.

Is this suppose to happen like this or did the meds have no effect on me?

How am I suppose to know when it is gone?

the guy im with is also on the meds... after the 7 days how do we both know it is gone?

And one more... I know you said no sex... Of course  "none!!

But can I give him Oral and hmmm hmmmm  him off?

I know wierd question but I wasn't sure if he was allowed to ejaculate while the meds are working its magic

thank you!!!
I wouldn't give him oral yet - you don't know for sure that it's chlamydia.  You can masturbate him though.  He can also masturbate you, but you both should make sure not to touch your eyes after, and wash your hands.

I'm wondering if this isn't chlamydia if your symptoms aren't going away, unless you are getting a yeast infection from the meds.

You can't know for sure that its gone away without follow up testing, which you need to wait at least a month for.  

Aj

What else could it be, gono was neg...

should I be tested for a yeast, The discharge didn't look like yeast or itch like yeast...
It was silky but thick with a yellow tint and an odor (not strong)

now I dont know wat to do =(

what else should I test for if its not chlamydia?

thank you thank you
oh yes and i made a lil mistake today would be the 3rd day of being on the meds. tech, i started them late on the 11th.... does that make a difference?
sry one more thing can you provide me with every std so i know what i've missed =)

thank you
What kind of little mistake did you make?

Honestly, you need to start taking better care of yourself.  If this is chlamydia, then you could get re-infected.  Each time you get an std, it can cause scar tissue in your fallopian tubes, and that can cause infertility and chronic pain.  I am not trying to scare you, but its important that you take this seriously.  Clearly, you can go 7 days without sex.

When was your bf treated?

For a list of stds, go to www.ashastd.org.  That has all the stds, and how you test and treat, etc.

Aj

My mistake was on my post four hours ago I said I was on the forth day of taking the meds, and I'm only on the third. (I wanted to let you know that since I'm only on the third day that maybe why I haven't had a great change in symptoms) Sorry for the confusion

To be very honest this is my First STD ever, and this was my first real exposure. Before this I was with someone for 6 years and when we broke up I acted stupid and got drunk.

Sex is not an issue, he was wondering if i could do that with him and I didn't want to unless it was safe which it is not so I won't.

He went when I called him and told him that I may have it... he went for a test and they put him on meds. about the same time.

i'm sorry I didn't mean to take it to another level but when you said you weren't even sure if it was chlamydia I wanted to know all the other STDS that are out there, so that I can ensure that i have or will be tested for everything

By all means I am a very cautious person and have never done anything like this before which may explain why I am so parinoid about this and all STDS.
The guy I'm with now is a great guy and got tested for everything, to be safe as i asked.

Again i'm sorry if there was some confusion but the only  mistake I have made thus far was that stupid encounter .

Thanks for all your help. if I could just ask you to tell me all the other STDS I'll leave you be.

Thank you for everything!!!
Ohhhhhh sorry - I totally misunderstood that.  I thought you meant you had some sexual activity, and you were on the 3rd day of meds.  My bad.  :(  Sorry for the lecture.

I gave you the asha site because it covers all the stds, but here goes - I apologize in advance if I forget any -

* Gonorrhea
* Chlamydia
* Herpes 1 and 2
* HIV
* HPV
* Molluscum
* Hepatitis B (Hep A and C are rarely sexually transmitted, but can be)
* LGV (rare, and found mostly in men who have sex with men)
* Syphilis
* NGU/NSU (affects men only)
* Trich
* Crabs
* Scabies
* Chancroid (very rare in the US and other developed countries)

I think that's it.  ;)

Sorry again for misunderstanding you.

Aj
THANKS AGAIN!!!!

I thought there must have been some misunderstanding some where, not a problem though. I know there are a lot of ppl who wouldn't follow the instructions and just cause more agony for them selves and the other person.

I just hope I can be done with this after the meds... I have not been tested for:

* Molluscum
* NGU/NSU (affects men only)
* Trich
* Crabs
* Scabies

But dont have to wory about a few like the chancroid or the ngu/nsu, lvg...

i don't think I have crbas or scabies though as I would notice those.

I need to get tested for
* Trich
* Molluscum
* Hepatitis B

Again thank you for everything I'll keep you updated in regards to the results and how the meds work out.

you have been a life saver!!
I should have added info about testing.  There is no test for molluscum.  You'd get symptoms and know it.

You should also talk to your doctor about being vaccinated for hep B, if you haven't already.  When you test, they'll be able to determine if you have or not.

Aj
Thank you, I  went to patient first and they did a test for trich there and the said it was neg. They are checking for antibodies for hep B and they also tested for yeast and bacterial..

i also have BV... do you know if this could have been from the meds?
Either way I'm finding out more and more as i go but at think I had chlamydia as my symptoms are starting to clear up and that discharge was gone today =)

Thank you again grace for all the great help you provide
BV wouldn't be from the meds, but BV could have been causing a lot of your symptoms, as well as chlamydia.  If you end up having had both, its no wonder you weren't feeling good.  :(

Umm I'm not Grace - she's on the herpes board, and sometimes the STD board.  :)

Aj
LOL I'm SOOOOO sorry, I typed her a message not to long before typing you one letting her know I got my final results back for my HSV.. I thought I had hsv the whole time..... so I also let her know my recent foundings. (I hope I didn't call her Jessi)

Yea, I hope after this is all cleared up I can move on. I'm already feeling much better then I was before, the meds for Chlamydia must be working... I can feel such a difference!!!

I was wondering could BV have been transmitted to my partner as well? Just wanted to see if he should be tested and threated for that as well.

Thank you Jessi!!! =)

LOL its ok - I like Grace.  ;)

No, men aren't affected by bv.  Lucky bast'ards.

Aj
GREAT!!! one thing I wont have to worry about!

Thank you again for all your help. I'll let you know what the results are when I get them.

Hope you have a GREAT rest of the weekend! =)
OK.. so it turns out I had both... of course started treatment for Chlamydia already.

I was wondering... what are my chances that the one doseage would not clear up the STD?? and I would still have it. I know I have to return in a month but until then I wanted to know if you think that it would have worked.
what percentage of ppl aren't actually cured by the one doseage?

I hope your day is going well!!

"Thank you
Oh its very low.  I don't remember it exactly, but its probably just a few % of people who aren't cured with the meds, if that high.

I'm glad you finally got good answers.  :)

Aj

Thank you for every thing, you've been a great support and have given me soooo much help.

I hope you have a GREAT Thanks Giving!!!
Thanks!  You too!  :)
Thank you!!..

Wanted to give an update, I am feeling 100% better... now on my period so I get an extra week without sex, which to me is a good thing so we both have more time to let our bodies adjust to the meds. =)

I hope you are doing well your self!!
hey again sorry for butting in blackworlds post... I was trying to find out why it didn't work for her. do you have any idea?
Oh I'm glad you are feeling better.  :)  Periods suck, but you are right - it might give your body more time to heal.

I'll be checking in on her thread next.  :)

I'm doing well, other than I hurt my butt lifting my nephew earlier this week (and yes, you can laugh).  Its just a pulled muscle, but do you realize how often you use those muscles??  Its hard to even turn over in bed.

Aj
The only thing that scares me is that in two weeks total time after taking the meds... We have sex and then find out one of us still has it. I doubt that will happen since you say that it doesn't happen often but that is a fear in the back of my mind. (to have to go through this all over again) I think that is where my curiousity falls in with blackworlds thread.

LOL that is a lil bit funny ( I did laugh, couldn't help it!!), at least you are able to pick him up!! I hope you feel better though, i know what that can be like to have an ache and every move you make hurts!!

quick question to clarify what I read in blackworlds thread....

"A lot depends on how long after you took the meds that you get the runs, etc.  Every person is different, and will absorb the meds at somewhat different rates."

I copied it so you didn't have to go back to her thread...

Are you saying the meds may not work depending on when you get the runs?
Are you saying it all depends on when you get the runs because the body is different?

I guess I am still curious as to why the meds didn't work for her. I shouldn't be since it's not my business; I'm a curious lil bee.

I just realized how long this thread is!!!!
Kind of both, really.  If her body hadn't absorbed it all before she got the runs, it might not have absorbed enough to treat.  

I'm also wondering if her bf is getting false negatives because of the antibiotics he's on, and she's just getting re-infected.

And its ok that you laughed.  I'm all about the strange injuries - happens to me all the time lol.  Most people do laugh.

Aj
I didn't know that could happen... I got the runs right after I took the meds to. I actually took two and then a couple hours took the other two so either way my body would have absorbed some. i then took the last two the next day . so I should be okay right?

LOL one of those huh? Right there with you; I will bump into a wall if theres one around. lol
Yes, you should be ok, but it never hurts to get a retest.

And yes, I am so one of those.  Its sad how much I am one of those lol.

Aj
Good, I will def. get retested to stay on the safe side. Better to be safe than sorry.

P.S. watch out for the walls they'll get ya.

Hope you have a great holiday, don't eat tooooo much =)

LOL ty, and same to you.  :)
Hey I'm back!!! lol

For some reason my period stoped earlier then it should have (only 5 days in)???

But I am itching a little bit and in the morning after I pee I get a wierd feeling after... Not really burning or any thing, and I don't know if I am just paying too much attention to the area.

So any ways I have an appt. on friday morning to see if I got a yeast infection from the meds for the BV; or if i still have BV.

My question is, is it still too early to test for chlamydia? If so what would happen a false positive because it is too early or a false neg. cause the meds could still be in my system?
It has been two weeks since i took the meds. I am afraid now that i might still have it because of the itching. I don't want to have sex until I know for sure.
I doubt that i do though since I took 6 pills. and you don't think I would still have it. always safe to be safe

Thank you sorry for more questions i know i've asked it all but heres another. =)

Yeah, its too early to trust the result.  It could be either a false positive (dead chlamydia dna might be lingering) or a false negative (from the meds) and you just wouldn't know.

My guess is that you have yeast or bv still.  Make sure they test for group b strep too.

And its ok to have a shorter period - it means nothing.  Just be thankful its gone lol.

Aj

LOL you're right there!!! I don't mind having a shorter period.

I hope its one of those two.... what is group b strep... in my woo hoo??

Thank you
LOL yes in your woo hoo.  Its just another lovely infection women can get.

No one really knows how it gets there.  When I had it, I asked about that, and the nurse said, "well it is one of those things that is all around us..." and started sort of mumbling, clearly not knowing how to answer.  I said, "Oh great, so its in the air and it just sort of flew right into my vagina?" and she laughed and admitted she didn't really know.

Aj
LOL thank you for the info.

I guess some things aren't meant to be known, as long as they can cure it I'll be happy =)
I'll let you know what the results are for everything.

Thank you, Once more have a Great Thanks Giving =)
Hey I hope you had a wonderful thanks giving!!!

Just wanted to let you know thy didn't find any thing except an abnormal amount of the normal discharge, she told me to eat differently for a lil bit to try and balance my body out. but no yeast nor BV, she sent the swab away for my woo hoo strep B.
In my urine my White blood cells were normal and everything else except I had dry blood or something breaking apart from my kidneys or something (there was terminalogy but don't remember)??? she told me to come back and it should be normal again. I don't remember what she called it though.

She also doubts that I have chlamydia still but I will return in a few weeks when I go to get my urine tested again I'll get another swab. The itchiing seems to have settled so i'm wondering if it was just the BV linguring a lil bit or something.

Thanks for all your help I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! I'll drop a line here and there, i'll let you know how my strep B turns out.
Oh good - so far, so good.  :)

My turkey day was nice, and I hope yours was too.

Aj
thank you I did have a nice turkey day!!
Okay I am beginning to hate my v*****, I have this burning... enough to annoy me =(
I have a GYN appt. tomorrow just for a check up, but i don't know what to do with the burning. I have had sex twice, thinking we were fine but now I am skeptical and affraid.

I still can't get retested as it is under a month. I'm afraid it was not fully cleared
Should I ask for the meds (just in case)?

What do you think?
It is like an irritating burning sensation, tingles a lil.
Sorry one more thing, yesterday I was not able to pee and held that in for almost 5 hours =/
I started later that night, could that be part of it?

I am looking forward to the day i don't have to deal with this any more
Oh I'm sorry.  First, you shouldn't hold pee that long.  I know sometimes it seems as if you can't get to a bathroom, but unless you are being held captive, you should find a way to go.  Even bosses and teachers pee, so I'd hope they'd understand lol.

That said, I don't know that holding your pee is causing this.  I think its a good idea to get checked.  When you go, ask your doctor about inflammation from the infections, or possibly vulvodynia.

Aj
Thank you!! I will ask about those things. I looked up vulvodynia and that sounds like it could be a cause... but there is no real treatment

Do you still doubt that it is chlamydia again?
Do you think I should get another dose of the meds just in case?

I think you need to be careful with the meds - too many antibiotics can cause yeast, and then you have yet another infection that needs to be treated, and now you are back at the beginning of the cycle, ya know?

No, there are some treatments for vulvodynia, though they can take awhile sometimes.  There isn't any one treatment that works for everyone, but don't get ahead of yourself and worry about that quite yet.

Just see what the doc says.

Aj
Thank you for the info....

i went this morning, she seems to think I have a yeast infection.... how i got on in a fews beats me.
She wasn't to happy when I kept bringing up the info you provided me. Like when she wanted to test me again for Chlamydia and i told her it would be accurate she objected and said if i was still positive it would show up nd if i was neg. it would be neg.

So when i told her about what you told be she didn't like that.

but since i was having pelvic pain again she is sending me to radiology to see if there is anything going on.

i was curious does yeast cause burning?

Thank you
anyways just thought i'd update you . She didn't test me for nulnodynia though.
Yeast can cause burning, and there isn't really a test for vulvodynia - its more of a diagnosis made by ruling everything else out.

And I think a scan or whatever is a good idea, too.

And she doesn't have to like it, but she knows I'm right.  ;)

Aj
Thank you I will see if the meds help.

Yes, I'd like to make sure there is nothing wrong. I'm sure i will be fine though.

My BF was wondering if the chlamydia could stay in his prostate... He said something about meds not always working in the prostate.?

Does chlamydia even get in there?

So we wanted to ask you if that is possible or he has nothing to worry about.

Thank you!!
Its possible for it to get in there, but he'd be having symptoms if it was.  Its not something he needs to worry about unless he has symptoms.

Aj
Hey thanks!!...

The only symptom he had that could have been related would have been pains in his side.. sorta where we have pelvic pain except closer to the side of his body.

Would that have been a symptom.... i looked up symptoms of a prostate infection and it seems as if he would be in some real pain. (is that correct)

Also just wanted to ask; if by chance it did infect his prostate would the meds provided cleared it up?
And how long would he have had to had chlamydia before it would effect his prostate?

Thank you so very much!!
Ohhh lots of speculative questions.

Prostate problems wouldn't cause side pain, and might not cause great pain.  The only way for him to know is to see his doctor.

There is also no time frame for chlamydia to go into the prostate - happens differently for different men.

AJ
Thank you, yes a lot of speculative questions as I just want to make sure he doesn't still have it.
Can you tell me how often chlamydia gets in the prostate?

I told him the same, He wanted to know how would the doctor find out if it were in his prostate? He said when the ladies swabbed him for chamydia it bothered him down there, So he wanted to know how they would test his prostate.

Thank you!!
hope you had a good weekend

They can test his urine again - it would still show on a urine test, or even do a prostate exam and see if its inflamed.  

Did the swab cause pain in his rectum or testicles, or was it in the urethra?  You can expect some urethral discomfort with a swab.  

Aj
Okay I really need some help!!!!...

I went back to my doctor who diagnosed me with BV a couple of weeks ago for a follow up appt.

I had informed him that I had itching and burning and i went to my prim. doc who didn't see anything and then my ob who said it was yeast.

Heres the problem he said okay and did a check up any ways, he said that on one of my folds of skin it looked like I had genital warts....he said it was hard to tell that it was jagged and too small to really know!!!

He advised I see my ob for a second opion, he said it could have been missed by any one. I am so scared, I can't stop crying. Why is this happening. I thought i wouldn't have had to worry because I had two of the three shots. I actually set up my appt. with my ob for the third shot. (whats the point now)
I am waiting for her to call me back so i can talk to her but I need to know a few things.

you stated that genital warts can clear up on there own... is that right? or is that a different strain of hpv.

My doc said i would have to get a biopsy to know for sure if it warts... is there any other way to find out?

What do I do, I hate my self, I've only had sex with that one other person who has caused me so many problems. I know its my fault for not wearing protection but why. There are too many problems going on now.
Let me ask one more thing about HPV...

If it does clear up on its own, but I and my partner continue to have unprotected sex would we just keep giving it to one another and it would not fully clear up on its own?

I don't even know for sure I have thought about this for a while and decided not to panic until my ob takes a look and tells me what she thinks but i would like to know these things just incase he was right.

Thank you, sorry for the new problem, I thought i was close to being cured of my stds and it looks like I've found more...

i took a look at it when i got home and I just cant see how it could be hpv it just looks like a skin fold, I thought it was always there. but i guess I dont have a doctors eye.=(
OK let's hold on here.  First, you don't know that its hpv.  This could be many many things, and while hpv is one of them, you don't know that yet for sure.  Remember that the other doctors didn't even see it.

The only way to know is to biopsy it, and while its not fun, its a lot less painful than it sounds.  I'd do it, to know for sure.

All types of HPV will eventually clear on its own, but it can go away faster with treatment.  If they don't get it all with the biopsy, getting it frozen or burned off (again, not nearly as painful as it sounds lol), might be a good idea.

I think one of the issues here is that you are seeing 3 doctors.  That makes things very confusing, and I would stick with your GYN now.  

If you do have HPV, then this could be from your current partner, or a past partner.  You'll never be able to find out, so don't worry about that.  Yes, your current partner has already been exposed, but you have antibodies for it now, and therefore can't keep re-infecting each other.  

I'm sure right now you are discouraged, and I get that, but you need to find out for sure what you have, and go from there, ok?  

Hang in there,
Aj
Thank you!!, I just posted on the expert forum becuase i am freaking out. I could have just waited but now I am so pissed off that its not funny. Seriously every time i go to the docs its something new.

I will def. cut the other docs out and stay with one. I know i have been all over the place from one to another. I will get a biopsy and just find out what it is, as you have said that will be the best thing to do. i will try to calm down I feel like I've been hit by a bus though. I thought i was almost in the clear and here again another problem :''(

I hope it is nothing.

Thanks again for ALL the help you've given me!!
Oh I understand that feeling - I really do.  I'll be checking the expert forum and see how they reply as well.

Do something nice for yourself today, ok?  Take a hot bubble bath with a glass of wine, eat a really nice dinner, (or get bf to take you out lol), and don't forget the chocolate.  Just be kind to yourself, ok?

Aj

lol... all of those things sound great. I will do at least two of them. =) thanks again.... I'll keep you up dated!! I'm sure you knew that though
OK, so my pap came back with abnormalties.... this would be caused my genital warts right. I have an appt on the 8th to get a colon. and a scraping? Ouch, ewww?
Awww hon.  Yes that would be caused by HPV, but it probably means you have more than one strain, which is hugely common.

The colposcopy (not a colonoscopy, thank god) isn't painful at all.  Its just like a big telescope like thing that looks at your cervix.  They might even have a tv in there and you can see the whole thing, including your cervix  If that isn't fun, I don't know what is.  ;)

The scraping isn't bad either.  I'd take a couple of ibuprofen within an hour of getting it done, and you might just have some minor cramping.  Spotting after is common.

Aj

LOL that is a relief!! I was wondering why they would do that. I must have heard her wrong. Thanks I will take a few before I go, well if I get to see all that I'd say thats worth it... that will be the best day of myy life, lol
I'll let you know what it ends up being.
I've had both - the colpo and the colonoscopy.  Give me a colpo any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  

Keep me posted.

Aj
LOL I think I will take the colpo over the colono any day too. I hope I never have to get one of those =/
I don't think I would like it too much.

I will do so.
Oh you'll have to get them yearly when you get older, or sooner if you have something going on, but no need to worry about that.

I can tell you the prep part of it is far worse than the procedure, which you are asleep for.

But no worries about that, right?

Just relax, have a great holiday season, and follow up on this after the holidays.  :)

hey there.. Happy new year!! hope you had a great holiday!!

I was wondering a few things. I most of the day every day will have a slight burning feeling around the opening of my V... (this is also where I may have possible warts)
it does not burn or bother me to pee... it is just a discomfort feeling.
last night after intercourse I noticed light pinkish blood; this is after sex and when I went to the bath room. I've noticed this before but didn't think much of it. there is no pain during intercourse. My bf does not have any symptoms... non at all

I noticed that the blood is in the *** not sure if it was his or mine since he came in me... I asked my bf if he has any pain he said no. If the blood was in his semen... would he have pain; symptoms?; I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be in his semen.

I am also wondering if the burning (slight burning but all day; not when i go to the broom) and the bleeding

could this be chamydia stilll?
could this be from possible warts?

thank you!!
also I have my doc appt. on thurs. should I have her test for chlamydia again?
Aww I'm sorry things aren't improving.  Yes, I'd test for chlamydia again, and make sure to tell her what's going on.   Ask her about testing for bv, yeast, strep b, too.

Let me know.

Aj
well that would **** me off... we have both been treated for it twice...

I thought I still had it before and she just gave us both the meds, its been a month since then so I'll get test again but what are the chances that the second treatment didn't cure us?

he is 22, could it be in his prostate.. if so would he have symptoms by now it has been 7 months since the infection.
I read somewhere that chlamydia left untreated, about 45% of infected women without symptoms will clear the bacteria from their bodies......

I tested positive over 10yrs ago and did not have a full treatment course and I am not having any symptoms.....
Hey there again,

Just wanted to let you know I went and had the colpo done... Not that bad (like you said). I also got tested for chlamydia again and also trich, yeast and bv - the doc didn't see anything for those three. and I'll have to wait for the chlamydia test.

She said she doubts that it is chlamydia and she is not sure what the burning is from. She said if my test is neg. that she'll have to send me else where to figure out what the burning is. She said that they use a swab that test both chlamydia and gono... is that a good enough test to trust the results?

I asked the doc on the expert forum and he indicated that the treatment me and my bf got was a very good treatment and he indicated that it is very rare to get chlamydia in the prostate and doubts I have chlamydia still and something else maybe causing my symptoms... Guess I'll find out when the results return. hope it is neg. I can deal with anything as long as I no longer have chlamydia..=0)
She also sent away the visible warts but I don't know why if they were visible.

Thank you for being there and helping me with all of this!!
Send you off where?  Is this not a gyno?

I'm glad the colpo wasn't bad.  :)

Aj
she didn't say where, she just said that she would have to send me somewhere else... she is my obgyn.

When I asked for the test she didn't really seem like she wanted to test me and she made it seem like it was in my head. but I don't think I can imagine blood or burning. i actually tried not to think about it thinking it was in my head.... didn't work.

I guess I'll have to wait for the results is all =/
Aww waiting stinks.  :(
AJ

I just got a phone call from my obgyn... like I said I’m not worried about warts but she said that the results from whom ever she sends it to showed dysplsia--- not sure how to spell it.

She suggested another pap in 3 months or some sort of surgery which she said was not needed at this time... I was sorta in shock as I thought I only had warts now I may have a different strain. What does this mean; obviously my partner has it too but what does this mean for him as well.
I haven't gotten the other results as she indicated they haven't come back. I feel like a ping pong ball and I am going from one thing to another. I don't want to bother the doc any more as I know she is very eager to ensure every thing is fine and she doesn't take the time to really sympathize. Can you tell me what this means?
It doesn't mean much for him, really.  Rarely, it can develop into penile cancers, but that's very very rare.

And never hesitate to contact your doctor.  You pay her for these services, and I assure you she is well compensated.  ;)

Aj
good to hear I don't have to have another worry on my back. When she calls me back for my chlamydia results I'll have to ask her about it more. and if it turns out neg for chlamydia I'll have to find out what to do about this burning because it is annoying me like crazy. I noticed it seems to be worse when I drink coffe =/

Thank you for your help
Coffee can irritate the bladder and urethra, and maybe that's what is causing this feeling.

Aj
hmmm I didn't know that ? I wonder, I'll try not to drink any coffee for the next few days.... I don't know if I can as I am an coffee addict, LOL but we'll see.
Thank you
So it turns out that it was neg.!!! YEY!!!! but still lost at what is causing my problems, I'll have to work with my OBGYN to figure out what the problem is. But I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about Chlamydia any more!!!! yey =) Thank you sooooo much for all your help and I'll let you know (when I find out) what's causing my symptoms.

ttys
YAY!!!!

Keep in touch!

Aj
Hey there!!

I have so much irritation from this burning that I went and got a conformation urine test for chlamydia to make sure I didn't have a false neg. culture.

I havent gotten the results back yet but should get them today or tomorrow. I was wondering is a urine test just as reliable as a culture... I waited four hours before I gave my urine. but had some concerns, does it have to be processed in a certain manner to ensure correct results.

I am so irritated with this burning and I don't know what to do, it seems to be getting worse daily.
It is as reliable - some say more so.  Have you been back to check for bv, yeast, etc?

Oh and we should start a new thread - this one is hard to load.  :)

AJ