help with possible sti?
Dear All,

I have recently become very worried about something which happened almost 3 years ago. I had unprotected sex with a girlfriend who i then broke up with, and around that time i had some discharge from my penis which was thin and off-color. However this disappeared relatively quickly within a week to two weeks, and i did not think anything of it.
It is now 3 years on from this, and to date i have not experienced any symptoms or ever felt unwell or anything unusual. Could I have an STI for this length of time and have absolutely no symptoms in this 3 year period? I have read around about discharge and seen it is a common symptom, but could i carry on and not be aware of it at all after all this time? furthermore, i have has a long term partner since this and she has not had any symptoms at all either (obviously it would have been passed on).

Please tell me what you think.

lewis
No you would not have a STD from 3 years ago.
Thank you for your quick response!

Do you have any idea as to what this discharge could have been then? seems strange for it to appear then disappear and then not see it again since.

So would I have had noticable symptoms by now given the time period of 3 years? Your answer has a ring of certainty, so am just wondering how you have formulated it. As you may have realized, i'm not too knowledgeable on this area, so appreciate your input.

Regards,
Could have been preseminal fluid, prostate fluid, irritation. STD symptoms don't stop they get worse.

STD's do not stay with a person and present no symptoms for years. At most in a male chlamydia may have no symptoms for 18 months, but that might even be too much of a conservative estimate.