Chlamydia Community
hot urine, tingling in the tip of my penis that doesn't go away

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I have been sexually active for a year now with a mutual monogamous partner, with my last sexual encounter being about 2 weeks ago. Just recently, about a week ago i started feeling my urine was hotter than usual. The sensation of peeing it out was not really painful, but i can feel that it was hot, and when i touched the urine, it was indeed. I ignored it after a couple of days, then from there, i began to feel a tingling/itching in the tip of my penis(urethra). It is like a constant feathering that doesn't go away, although it is nothing painful it is a constant bother to me, and i actually have a hard time sleeping with it. Apart from that, it also seems that sometimes when i urinate, i feel that not all urine comes out, and also the constant tingling sensation i feel from the tip of my penis sometimes fools me into thinking that i need to urinate, but end up empty when i go to the toilet. So lately, i have been taking urilacin since it may seem like a common symptom of UTI(urinary track infection), and i also had a urinalysis done. The results all came back negative for any signs of kidney stones or other problems. After a couple of days of taking urilacin and drinking plenty of water, i have been feeling better, my urine doesn't feel as hot anymore, and the tingling sensation in my urethra is slowly going away. But i am still anxious for any possible std infection like chlamydia or gonorrhea with similiar symptoms, even now that i am okay and symptoms are likely to dissapear.

So my question is, could i have acquired chlamydia or gonnorhea (Gonorrhea), since my urinalysis have ruled out any sign of kidney stones? On a side note, i do not have any other symptoms like swollen testicles, discharge or anything like other than a slight burning sensation when peeing and the tingling in the tip of my penis.

I don't know if i should still have an ultrasound done to check for any kidney stones or any crystals in the process of formation even if my urinalysis is negative for any sign of it. I also recently had a gout attack in my heel because of my high uric acid. I also am unsure if i should go for a costly std test for chlamydia/gonorrhea, which also needs to be approved by a doctor's prescription first here in my country.  

i guess to add a secondary question, it would be if the symptoms of chlaymida/gonorrhea clear out on its own without treatment even if the bacteria is still present in the body, and what to do about it?
Do you suspect your partner is cheating?  Or are you cheating?  Because that would be the only way either of you would get chlamydia or gonorrhea.  It was probably NGU caused by the e.coli bacteria found in the anal cavity. It doesn't belong in the urethra and could cause an infection.
No, i am not cheating, and i don't suspect my partner is either. But i could be wrong, or my partner had contracted these diseases in the past as she hasn't been tested yet. However, she has no symptoms of any STD and we've been having sexual relations for the past year already. If you are talking about NGU, then that might be a cause of chlamydia, the only way to know is for me to get tested. However, the std testing here in my country is costly, and i still need to get a prescription from a doctor first before i could get tested, adding further costs. I was wondering if anyone could point out if the symptoms of chlamydia/gonorrhea ever clear up on its own w/o treatment, and if it is possible to have these diseases but not have all symptoms present; like for me, i only have the tingling sensation in the tip of my penis and peeing hot urine, which are also symptoms that are slowly going away, i have no other symptoms associated with this disease like a discharge of any kind. I guess knowing more information would be easier for me to rule out that i have chlaymida/gonorrhea present and get on with my life, or i should really get tested and it's worth the costs vs. the risks involved if i do not.

NGU does not cause chlamydia.  They have similar symptoms but just about any bacteria that cannot be classified as chlamydia or gonorrhea can cause NGU.  Usually, chlamydia or gonorrhea does not clear up on its own.  It has been said on Medhelp that it is possible for them to clear up on their own, but I don't believe it.  And if it did, it would take several months or more.
i see... i guess it's just my anxiety taking over then... i feel well now, and the symptoms have disappeared, and it certainly hasn't been a month since they were most present. I still don't understand though why all of a sudden i would feel symptoms like that out of the blue.... i guess i'm just getting old..hehe..
alright, my symptoms may have slowly dissapeared, no more burning or itching in the penile urethra, but just today i noticed a few green droplet-like stains scattered vertically across the upper half part of my white underwear when i went to take a shower in the afternoon. I am sure it did not come from my butt. The stains are green like, looking like mucus, but they are not sticky and are pretty much odorless(it doesn't smell bad).... I also noticed afterwards, my urine had a light green tint to it. What could this now mean, a discharge perhaps from either chlamydia or gonnorhea (Gonorrhea), or just droplets left over from urinating? pls help, i'm really getting anxious now, and i think i should just get tested for these 2 stds even if it is costly...
If you are seeing green staining, then it may indicate discharge.  At this point, you should see a doctor for proper testing.
alright, agreed... what kind of specialist do you think should i go see in regards to my symptoms.. I'm going to set up an appointment this friday, i hope that is not too late though.
Why would you think its too late? Bacterial infections are curable. It's the viral infections that are not so easy to treat. Think positively. Otherwise you start freaking yourself out. This can happen to the best of people
i see, what do you think though of seeing a urologist though? Or is there any other specialist i should rather be seeing with my symptoms?
Youcan see a general provider but a urologist is best