Chlamydia Community
how effective is smaller dose of azithromycin

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

just wanted to know how effective a dose of 750mg of azithromycin would be compared to the recommended dose of 1gm. reason being i am fairly sure i have chlamydia i happen to have 750mg of azithromycin and am unable to get any more at this time.
I don't know.  I'm sure its been studied at that level, but they came to the conclusion that 1gm works best.

I would also urge you to test first.  You might have something else that would need a different antibiotic, and if this one doesn't work, you wouldn't get accurate test results for 2 weeks after taking the antibiotic now.  

AJ
i know i do need to get tested i am just unable to at this time. i have had chlamydia before and expierenced identical symptoms.. i know that still doesnt garentee anything but its worth a shot.. if the symptoms dont go away i will have to figure something out.. thanks for the help..