Chlamydia Community
how long does it take for test results to come back for men??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

okay so i went and got tested for all stds cause im pregnant and ive only slept with my baby daddy since i got pregnant and i knw for a fact in the begining of my pregnancy i was neg for everything cause i got tested then...he told me he cheated so i got tested again and 4 days later i got a phone call sayin i had chlamydia and i got treated and told him about it. i took him today and got him tested so he could get cured to and he was in and out within 15mins he said they did a urine test on him and within 5mins they came back and told him he didnt have anything! how is this even possible and i called my doctor with questions and they said that the test would have takn up to 24-48hours for the results to come back on it but he trusts the place i took him too. is it possible for the results to come back that fast?? im really confused and i NEVER cheated on him so i dont understand how i would have gotten and he doesnt?? plz give me ur opinions... thank you...
I've never heard of it being done that fast.  Its possible they looked for white blood cells in his urine, and that can be indicative of an std, but its not definitive.  I'd have him call and make sure he was actually tested for chlamydia, and get a copy of his results.

He needs to be treated, regardless, if you have it.

Aj

thts what my ob said and i told him that
but i dont knw if he will do that cause he seems angry about the whole thing
my ob said it takes 24-48hrs for that kind of test results to even come back and it just doesnt make since that he dont have it and i do...but i dont knw how to get through to him that he needs to go somewhere else...
How about "you know we can't have sex until a week after you get treated for this, right?"

That means if he got treated today, you couldn't have sex for a week.

Now, if he wants to prolong that lol...

Aj