Chlamydia Community
interpretation of test result for chlamydia group antibody

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

my doc just called me in with following results. CHLAMYDIA/CHLAMDOPHLIA group antibody 64 H. Reference rage <64 (unexposed). Seropositive results indicate presence of circulating antibody to chlamydia ( psittacosis-lymphogranuloma venerum-trachoma-TWAR pneumonia) group.

what does this mean...she gave me a 2 week prescription for doxycycline and said to have my partner tested.
I tried reading up but it seems like she is saying I have the chlamydia infectionin my body and both of us need to be treated. From what I am reading this organism can cause pnuemonia (pneumonia),etc. I thought chlamydia was sexually transmitted but it seems it also causes respiratory problems......can anyone interpret/explain. I am female.
ALTO ! Spanish for stop. Don`t go by the blood test to diagnose Chlamydia. Your Doctor should not have offered that test. You need a vaginal exam with DNA testing or a first void urine for NAAT testing. The Chlamydia that causes pneumonia is not the same species that causes genital infections. Go get the appropriate test then go from there.
Addendum; the psittacosis strain of Chlamydia causes a pneumonia- like illness as dose the TWAR ( Taiwan acute respiratory ) strain. If you are being treated for a pneumonia illness the doxycycline will work. If you are being treated for genital symptoms my above post still stands.
thanks...actually she is a new doc and ran a compleate set of labs plus...her interpretation was I have a STD...I didn't feel right about the verdict so I looked up the test and saw the pneumonia relation. I have a gynecologist and have no std...I was never even aware of a chlamydia blood test...evidently my new doc  needs to read up ...She ran RPR also and was neg. I guess she assumed the chlamydia blood test was used to tell if someone ha chlamydia....scary
  thanks
bump