Chlamydia Community
interpretation of test result for chlamydia group antibody
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

interpretation of test result for chlamydia group antibody

my doc just called me in with following results. CHLAMYDIA/CHLAMDOPHLIA group antibody 64 H. Reference rage <64 (unexposed). Seropositive results indicate presence of circulating antibody to chlamydia ( psittacosis-lymphogranuloma venerum-trachoma-TWAR pneumonia) group.

what does this mean...she gave me a 2 week prescription for doxycycline and said to have my partner tested.
I tried reading up but it seems like she is saying I have the chlamydia infectionin my body and both of us need to be treated. From what I am reading this organism can cause pnuemonia (pneumonia),etc. I thought chlamydia was sexually transmitted but it seems it also causes respiratory problems......can anyone interpret/explain. I am female.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
ALTO ! Spanish for stop. Don`t go by the blood test to diagnose Chlamydia. Your Doctor should not have offered that test. You need a vaginal exam with DNA testing or a first void urine for NAAT testing. The Chlamydia that causes pneumonia is not the same species that causes genital infections. Go get the appropriate test then go from there.
Blank
Addendum; the psittacosis strain of Chlamydia causes a pneumonia- like illness as dose the TWAR ( Taiwan acute respiratory ) strain. If you are being treated for a pneumonia illness the doxycycline will work. If you are being treated for genital symptoms my above post still stands.
Blank
thanks...actually she is a new doc and ran a compleate set of labs plus...her interpretation was I have a STD...I didn't feel right about the verdict so I looked up the test and saw the pneumonia relation. I have a gynecologist and have no std...I was never even aware of a chlamydia blood test...evidently my new doc  needs to read up ...She ran RPR also and was neg. I guess she assumed the chlamydia blood test was used to tell if someone ha chlamydia....scary
  thanks
Blank
bump
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity