Chlamydia Community
miscarriage/chlamydia test

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

miscarriage/chlamydia test

I have been with my partner 5 years and neither have had sex with any other partners. I was pregnant, thought i was a lil more than 8 weeks along and had miscarriage last week and fetus had passed two weeks prev before i started bleeding. just yest, er called to say i tested positive for chlamydia. I have to go back to obgyn tomorrow but this was read neg in all previous pap smears. i have read online about infections while preg that pick up as chlamydia. what do you think? also i have not had any symptoms and health dept said they thought some type of symptom would have shown up if its in your system more than a month! please help ease my mind!
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Tests again before medication.  There are such things are false positives.

Have you partner test (his health is a concern too).

What you read online about infections while pregnant are true, that is if you are having sex.
Thank you...we are still sad as well! I have OB appt tomorrow for retest. I just hate that we are supposed to "trust" doctors when there are false positives. He is getting tested but will take longer for his results to come back, he's going to diff place due to work etc. We were continuing to have sex while we thought i was pregnant. Do you have any insight on what other infections you can get that read as chlamydia?
It doesn't even have to be a different infection to have a false positive.
Other infections don't affect the chlamydia test.   That you test came up positive means that either, I am hoping it was a false positive or that you really do have chlamydia.   The test is very specific for chlamydia.  There are "biological false positives", and I believe it occurs more in women who are pregnant.  

Once you get you and your husband results, talk to your medical provider on what they could mean.  
Sorry I didn't like how I worded that post: Let me try again:
-----------------------

Other infections don't affect the chlamydia test.   That your test came up positive means that either,
            1) it was a false positive (I hope this true for you)
or
            2) that you really do have chlamydia.  

The test is very specific for chlamydia.  There are "biological false positives", and I believe it occurs more in women who are pregnant.  

Im going through something similar...can you update?