Chlamydia Community
misdiagnosis?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

misdiagnosis?

i got my annual testing done before i went to college in august.. i hooked up with someone i knew in october, in january i went to try and get an IUD and the chlamydia test came back positive... i took the pills and got it all taken care of went back 3 months later and the test was negative.. i never got ahold of the person who i thought i got it from until a couple weeks ago.. he said he never had it and that hes been tested.. he was the only person i was with is there anyway the test could have been wrong?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi Sammii,
Yes you could have a false postive but are rare and the test is 90- 95% for detecting.  Its done with urine or a swab. If i know men, most likely had it and was treated and did not tell you.
Blank
well i had a similar problem when i was younger i was told i had herpes and got retested cause i didnt believe it and it came back negative and everytime ive been tested since then its been negative and i had any symptoms.. i was having some other health issues at the time of the chlamydia test and i didnt know if maybe that had something to do with it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...