Chlamydia Community
onset of chlamydia symptoms 2 years later

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I had an unprotected sexual encounter with a female two years ago.  Recently I was playing a basketball game and following the game noticed that one of my testicles was swollen and red.  Since that time (about two weeks) I had had the same occurrence twice, lasting only for a few hours.  I have scheduled an appointment to be checked for STD's and decided to start doing some research myself. Upon browsing the internet I have found the most common cause for epididimitis to be Chlamydia.  I have had no other symptoms related to Chlamydia aside from the red and tenderness of my testicles and what appears to be the swollen epididimys, but have drawn concern as to whether the disease could lie dormant in my system as males do not often experience symptoms at all.  I am just wondering what the likelihood of a flare up of symptoms could be two years after the encounter?  I have also contacted the girl and she told me that three years prior she had chlamydia, been treated, and then tested negative multiple times following...
2 years after would be very, very, very rare.
Rare but possible?  My concern when reading about epididymitis is the swelling of the testicles and the sensitivity.  Does anyone know how common it is to not have any of the symptoms of chlamydia (such as discharge and burning when urinating), but still the swelling and tenderness?