Chlamydia Community
reinfection while on antibiotics?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

reinfection while on antibiotics?

On Tuesday, I was treated for chlamydia (4 pills azythromiocin) and a shot for gonnorhea (Gonorrhea).  On Thursday I had sex with the same partner (I don't know if he was treated).  I told him to use a condom but it supposedly came off.  I am unsure if he had it on during intercourse.    It has been a week since treatmet and I am having symmptoms of a UTI but am extremely concerned that I was reinfected.  
I know the antibiotics slowly kill off the infection.  Is it possible that after two days of treatment I could have been reinfected and now the antibiotics wont' work?
Yes it is possible. You are advised to wait 7 days after medication for sex and partner needs to be treated also.