Chlamydia Community
tested positive, antibiotics taken...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

tested positive, antibiotics taken...

Hi, i tested positive for chlamydia, went to the doctors and got antibiotics (1gram azithromycin) which i took yesterday. My question is now, how long will it take to cure, and is there any chance of it not going away, for example if i masturbated today when of course it wont be anywhere near cured yet, and that went onto boxer shorts, and my penis then touched that later on during the day or, any kind of situation like this, is there any hygiene issues i should worry about, i guess is my actual question..
No you will not reinfect yourself that way. But refrain from anything sexual for 1 week.