took chlamydia test incorrectly twice... false negatives?
about 3 weeks ago i had unprotected sex with a girl i had just met.  then about two weeks after, i had a general uncomfortable feeling after urinating.  a slightly burning sensation, but very mild, and a continuous uncomfortable feeling on the tip of my penis which kept me up at night.  i had no discharge, and maybe a slight burning sensation when urinating at times, but this is generally what i feel if my bladder is completely full and my stream is strong.  well, i was panicked and i went online and ordered a full panel std test through a website which included a urine test for chlamydia.  i went to the lab it told me to, and saw a sign on the toilet saying i should wet wipe my genital and only use mid stream urine in the sample, so i did that.  then, three days later after the uncomfortable feeling did not subside i went to my general practitioner and he gave me another urine test, as well as prescribed some antibiotics, but he thought i had more of a prostate issue.  well, when i went to take the urine test i did the exact same thing i did at the other lab and wet wiped the tip of my penis and collected a mid stream sample.  both tests came out negative.  since i took the test incorrectly could they both be a false negative?  i just read how youre not supposed to clean the area and collect first stream, not mid stream for chlamydia.  
i should also mention a culture test was taken and that was negative too.