Chlamydia Community
took chlamydia test incorrectly twice... false negatives?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

about 3 weeks ago i had unprotected sex with a girl i had just met.  then about two weeks after, i had a general uncomfortable feeling after urinating.  a slightly burning sensation, but very mild, and a continuous uncomfortable feeling on the tip of my penis which kept me up at night.  i had no discharge, and maybe a slight burning sensation when urinating at times, but this is generally what i feel if my bladder is completely full and my stream is strong.  well, i was panicked and i went online and ordered a full panel std test through a website which included a urine test for chlamydia.  i went to the lab it told me to, and saw a sign on the toilet saying i should wet wipe my genital and only use mid stream urine in the sample, so i did that.  then, three days later after the uncomfortable feeling did not subside i went to my general practitioner and he gave me another urine test, as well as prescribed some antibiotics, but he thought i had more of a prostate issue.  well, when i went to take the urine test i did the exact same thing i did at the other lab and wet wiped the tip of my penis and collected a mid stream sample.  both tests came out negative.  since i took the test incorrectly could they both be a false negative?  i just read how youre not supposed to clean the area and collect first stream, not mid stream for chlamydia.
She prob have had a yeast infection and was curing it and you got it. Or it could be that u have a uti which means unitary tract infections like how ur describing it sounds like it woman could get it and so could guys hopes this helps
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers