Chlamydia Community
very confused

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

very confused

im 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and after my first visit to the hospital i had a urine test done and was told a few days later that i was possitive for chlamydia... i have only slept with the father of the baby sinve the day we got togther on the 17th september 2011, and as far as i know im the only person my partner has slept with... now he did a test around 8 months ago and was clear, i did the test around a month or so ago and was told i was possitive for it, my partner has done a second test (we have slept togther since both of our forst tests was done) and my partners second test has again come back clear, why has my test shown possitive and both my partners have shown clear?? and we have slept together quite a lot because were sexually active i would say, i am going to do another test but is there any way that either mine or my partners tests could be wrong, as mine said possitive and bpth of my partners was clear :sso quite confused any help would be lovly thanx xx
Hi, i found the below information for you. You might try the swab test to make sure you did not have a false positive.

"Many providers will also use a urine test to diagnose chlamydia in men. Although a urine test can be performed in women, it is slightly less sensitive than a cervical swab and so is less often used. Recent studies, however, suggest that urine testing may actually be a reasonably effective way to diagnose chlamydia in women in settings where a pelvic exam is impractical - and doctors are not comfortable allowing women to take their own swabs."