Chlamydia Community
yeast infection or chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

yeast infection or chlamydia

okay so i have researches many things about chlamydia, which can only be transfered through sexual contact, also read a yeast infection may be confused with a yeast infection so my question is:
do i have chlamydia or a yeast infection; my vagina itches is red and a bit swollen there is no burning when i urinate, also i have been in a monogamous relationship for 7 years we are both truly honest to eachother and have never sleep with anyone else within this time.
i have had a yeast infection before and it feels about the same as last time but the doctor said it was chlamydia... PLEASE HELP THIS IS TEARING UP OUR RELATIONSHIP... not knowing if i really do have chlamydia if so how i got it...
were you tested for either? or did the doctor just look and tell you?
i was tested for chlamydia and thats it my doctor was kinda stupid though
if you were tested and if they said your results came back as positive then that is what you had. unfortunetly you will need to talk to your BF and he needs to be tested as well.

have you been treated? you can always be retested if you haven't been treated yet. if you have treated then there is nothing more you can do except have him test and see what his results are and he should be treated as well. make sure you two aren't having sex during the treatment
ii have been tested and treated and so has he he gets his results on the third i just talk to a nurse and she said if his are negative there going to restest me with the same swab
I dont think it would be possible to test with the same swab.. ? hmm

Let  us know hwat his results are.
I would recommend that you test in 30 days after treatment. The Test for cure can either be the PCR ( genprobe) or my favorite, the first voided urine NAAT test. The results would be more valid. If his test is negative, then the NAAT urine test is the one to confirm your positive test. Take care.