Chlamydia Community
z-pak for chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

z-pak for chlamydia

If you took a 5 day dosage of zithromax for another infection, would it cure chlamydia?  The dosage was 500 mg on day 1 followed by 250 mg on the next 4 days.
It is possible that it might, but it is not the recommended treatment. So if you believe you have chlamydia you need to be tested.
Thanks Vance!  Do you know if there is any medical evidence for treating with a 5 day z-pak.  I have read on different web pages that it is a recommended dosage however I don't know what to believe off the internet. :)
All I can say is it is not the recommended treatment.
Is the information on this website credible?

http://www.std-gov.org/stds/chlamydia.htm
Probably since it is a government website, but we can't speak about other sites.

Why are you so resistant to get tested?
It is actually for my partner.  I had tested positive months ago and got treated however I hadn't told her as it would ruin our relationship.  We did not have any relations between me catching it and being positive and getting treated.  We then had relations and I tested again to see if it had passed back to me and was negative again.  I just wanted to make sure she hadn't been carrying it.  I know this is not a full proof way of identifying if she was carrying.  Anyway she was treated for another infection with the 5 day dosage hence me wondering if it would potentially clear it if by chance she had it.

I hope that makes sense....
I understand. How long after treatment did you have sex?
I had symptoms 9 days after my slip up and was treated as soon as I had symptoms.  My partner and did not have sex for 6 months after I had my slip up.  My concern was that I potentially had caught it from a previous slip up months before and then given it to her and we both remained asymptomatic until it showed symptoms in me.  
So you are saying you had 2 slip ups? 1 at 9 days and then one months before?
Yes that is correct.  My symptoms showed up 9 days after my second slip up.  Both slips up were with a different girl.  I had relations with my partner after my first time.  I waited six months to have relations with my partner after I had my positive chlamydia test as I wanted to get an accurate HIV test (negative).