Cholesterol Community
Any Ideas of what my numbers mean ,,anyone?

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

I recieved my test results but I dont see my Dr till next month but Ive been trying to figure out what my numbers mean and from what I have seen for normal levels? Mine are not normal but a high risk for heart disease. Does anyone here know what these numbers mean? Id really appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Total Cholesterol: 3.00 mmol

Triglycerides: 0.64 mmol

HDL: 1.05 mmol

Chol/HDL: 2.86 mmol

My Dr told me the test were fine but from what Ive seen on the Canadian charts for normal levels? Mine seem very low.
Hi.

Your numbers (if they are correct) are excellent!!

Desireable Total Cholesterol is below 5.00 mmol/l. Desirable Triglycerides are below 2,0 mmol/l, and HDL is supposed to be at least 25% of the total cholesterol. Your percentage is 35, which is just amazing.

Your numbers (again, given that they are correct) are normal (actually low normal, but that's just an advantage) and does NOT indicate a high risk of heart disease.

Keep up the good work!
By the way, the "Chol/HDL" is just an inversed way of writing the HDL fraction of the total cholesterol. In my country, they write "HDL/Total cholesterol" and the desireable number is higher than 0,25 (25%). In your test results, they wrote "Cholesterol/HDL" and the desireable number is less than 4. It is not measured in mmol though.
These I ow are okay but its my LDL that has me concerned the numbers are

LDL: 1.66- 64 mg/dl I looked it up and said I was at high risk for heart disease cause my numbers are too low.

Dont smoke, dont drink. about 10 pds overweight but its only due to the meds for my arthritis in the spine right now other than that? My weight is good. I walk 3 to 4 times a week.

Thank you for the reply I do appreciate it! Have a Great Day!
I read your profile and some of your comments...lol Very funny stuff but really not funny for those with this problem. I suffer from Chronic Pain due to Spinal  Arthritis, bulging disc, bone spurs , along with a whole line of other wrongs having to do with my spine. I also have acid reflux so every thing seems to mimic a heart attack . I do have anxiety so the last thing I want added to my list of health issues is cardio phobia..LOL
Well, a low LDL (your LDL is low) is NOT(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) a risk factor for heart disease! The opposite is true - a high LDL is a risk factor. LDL is known as the "bad" cholesterol. Your cholesterol is great, all three of them, LDL, HDL and total.

The last thing you should worry about is your cholesterol.
Agreed, your numbers look good, congrats!