Cholesterol Community
Cholesterol / Clogged arteries

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

Cholesterol / Clogged arteries

Hello, I am a 29 year old female 5'4 114lbs - stay at home Mom to a 3 year old. My exercise only consists of chasing after my little one, short walks into stores and around our apartment community. I have a HIGH fear of having a heart attack (it does NOT run in our family...unless you're in your late 70's) but my question is - Is is possible for a 29 year old to have high cholesterol with no symptoms other than Gerd, tiredness, and that "anxiety" feeling in the chest? I had blood drawn about 6 months ago due to a problem I thought I was having with my kidneys - but the doctor mentioned nothing about my cholesterol levels. We do eat out occasionally but I have been so nervous about eating fast food and collapsing while I'm home with my little one. Any help/reassuring is MUCH appreciated.
High cholesterol has no symptoms, that's one of the reasons it can be so dangerous. The good news is that at your age, chances are very low that you have developed blockages. In addition, women of child bearing age are naturally protected from heart disease.

The best thing you can do is get your cholesterol levels checked out. See your doctor and get tested, it only takes a day, maybe two at the most to get your results and then you know what your up against and if you need to make any changes.

Hope this helps,

Jon