Drug reaction? Or is it just me?
So I have Hashimotos (currently in control on thyroxine), Gallstones (on surgical waiting list; dairy, egg, red meat, low fat & Cholesterol diet), high blood pressure (still borderline), and high cholesterol. 2 weeks ago I started taking 10mg of Lipitor and I think it's been working ok.. But 3-4 days after I started taking it i started to have loose bowels once a day. A couple times it's been worse than usual and I'm unsure what set it off. On top of that, whenever I feel slightly ill I just sleep until I feel better. So I'm not sure if I'm suffering fatigue or if it's just my body's way of dealing with it, but I've been taking 3-4 hour naps for the past week -even though I sleep a solid 8.5 hours. Besides that I haven't been feeling much different since I started the lipotor. So my question is, is the way I'm feeling possibly caused by the cholesterol medication; has anyone had a similar side effect? Or is it possibly my thyroid or gallbladder have been acting up? I really don't know what I'm doing wrong but it's getting frustrating. Christmas lunch I had steamed broccoli, baked potato and a small slice of turkey breast and spent the rest of the evening sick in bed.
Welcome and thanks for your question. Stomach problems can be a side effect of statins, but it is one of the least common. Having had a bad gallbladder which required it's removal, it sounds more like a gallbladder issue to me but you should check with your doctor.

Also, statins do not really cause a loss of energy. This may be a thyroid issue if you have had previous problems with it.

Hope this helps,

Jon