"GOOD CHOLESTEROL"
Please let me know how to increase my HDL
There are a couple ways, first off EXERCISE. Ask your doctor if you are healthy enough to exercise and start a reasonable routine. Exercise is a great way to raise HDL. Also, there are some meds such as Niacin, ask your doctor about it as well as some other supplements that may work.

Jon
Hi. Thanks for the advice! Yes, I have slowly been starting again but my body is going through SUCH CHANGES  that I know time is of the essence to accomplish anything. 22 pounds off so far and almost 6 weeks sober!!!

burma
I think exercise is great for everything but I would not count on it increasing HDL.  I exercise vigorously every day and it did not change my HDL at all.  Too much emphasis is placed on HDL and not enough on the Total and LDL.  To protect your vascular health, you want to keep both your Total and LDL values low.  According to the Pritiken "newsletter" which I subscribe to an article stated: "Focus on lowering your bad LDL cholesterol and don't worry about the HDL". "In recent years, a growing body of data is causing scientists to question the goodness of HDL" "For starters, epidemiological data do not match up.  Studying poplulations throughout the world where heart disease is rare, scientists have found that LDL level are indeed very low, but so are HDL levels- often 20 to 30 mg/dL.