High Cholesterol
Hi everyone - I was just recently told by my Doctor, that I have high cholesterol. He said even if I were to excercise and eat right, I still need to be on medication? I really did not want to be put on medication for this, but it is a must he said. Now, for anybody who has this or know somebody of this what can help? What type of foods should I be eating. I don't know where I can turn to for this type of thing. Also, does anybody think it would be a good idea for myself to go get a heart stress test done? I can't remember what my actually cholesterol was, but it was around the 290's =/ .. Any advice could help, Thanks.
Your doctor may very well be right. What was your LDL and HDL?

At your age I wouldn't be worried about more heart tests. Every time you have a test done you increase the risk of a false positive which may result in a more invasive procedure.

Again, the breakdown of your cholesterol is key, let us know what yours is.

Jon