Cholesterol Community
How can I lower my triglycerides??????

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

How can I lower my triglycerides??????

Ok, I just had a re-check of my cholesterol and my total cholesterol is down but my triglycerides are up (259?)!!!! My doctor wants to re check in three months to see how my level are to see if I need medication but wants to give me some time first.  How do you get your triglycerides down?????  What can I do????  I don't want to have to take a statin drug!!!!

Thanks for any advice!!!
First off, a statin is not prescribed for high TGLs, they don't affect that type of fat in the blood. TGLs are from empty carbs like breads, sugars, pasta and alcohol, things that the body metabolizes as sugar. Eliminate these and you'll get your TGLs down.

Jon
Fish oil is quite effective for lowering triglycerides.  In fact, there's a prescription fish oil called Lovaza, specifically prescribed for lowering high TG's.  If you're not already taking it, you should try that; there are many OTC fish oil supplements you can try.  Good luck to you!