Cholesterol Community
Pravastatin and Omega 3, 6, 9

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

Pravastatin and Omega 3, 6, 9

How much omega 3, 6, 9? just had my cholestrol checked  and it was 255. I am also starting prevastation. I know that you can not be pregnant while on this medication but if you happen to become pregnant while taking it I know to stop it immediately.  What if any are the risks of taking this medication during the first two to three weeks of pregnancy since it takes that long to find out that you are pregnant? Also if i chose to try to become pregnant, how long should I be off of this medication before i try? Is it dangerous to stop this medication abruptly? (as in finding out you are pregnant)
You will be playing with a dangerous situation if you don't use protection! Like skeletal malformations.
I am on birth control but that is not always 100 percent.  If I am in the one percent that gets pregnant while on the pill; i wanted to know if there would be any harm for the fetus during the first 2 weeks.  Those 2 weeks that you dont know you are pregnant before your period stops. I have not started this medication yet. I am trying to get all of the facts.
Although your cholesterol is above normal I'm wondering if you can ask your Dr about diet changes and exercise before starting the meds. Normal is below 200. Do you know what your other numbers were? LDL,HDL and triglycerides? Those are very important too.Sometimes making these changes can get your numbers down. They may have to be drastic though. Mainly fruits, vegetables,fish, nuts, beans, things like that. No fast food at all. No junk food of any kind. In my opinion, some Drs jump the gun prescribing these meds before trying diet changes and exercise first. Maybe he will let you try this for a few months to see if you can get your numbers within normal range. Please check with him first before doing this on your own.  
I sent you a message!
Welcome and great question. As you know, cholesterol is essential in fetal development and statins definitely reduce levels of cholesterol in your body. This subject has been looked at by the Nation Institute of Health and their findings indicate no real risk in the first trimester of pregnancy for women on statins. This is a department of the FDA which is controlled by the US Deparment of Health and Human services and is no way related to any drug company so the data is very reliable. Below is the link, you should take the time to read it as it will answer many of your questions;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2048566/

Good luck and let me know your thoughts once you have looked this over.

Jon
All statins carry a pregnancy category X, which means that animal and/or human studies have shown a possible risk of developing birth defects when taking the drug. Therefore, medications in this category should not be taken if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.