Cholesterol Community
beer and pravachol
About This Community:

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

beer and pravachol

I have recently been put on pravachol 20mg daily. I am in the habit of going out to eat on sat nights and consuming two large beers, does anyone know if this would be dangerous with this med, I notice that there are warnings about possible liver damage with this med. I have suspended any alcohol intake and intend to speak to my doctor about this on my next check up in a few months.... any input on this would be helpful thanks
Related Discussions
159619_tn?1318997813
It is safe to consume alcohol with a statin. The risk of liver damage is very, very rare on a statin. In fact, the FDA is getting ready to eliminate that warning from the list of side effects.

Keep in mind that drinking contradicts your statin use. Alcohol increases your cholesterol level so you may want to rethink this.

Good luck and please talk to your doctor with any questions.

Jon
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cholesterol Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank