Cholesterol Community
cholesterol level 7

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

cholesterol level 7

Got bloods done and my cholesterol is at level 7, bad cholesterol is 4.5. Im a 24 year old male that weighed at that time 89kg, Im getting tested again in about a month and a half and if it hasnt dropped by then im going on statins. I quit smoking on the day I was told and a alcohol havent touched either since and dont plan on except alcohol on certain occasions ( I was a heavy binge drinker), go to the gym 3 days a week now, walk and cycle on the other days, eat properly using benecol products, eating lots of veg and fish and taking cod liver oil and eating almonds. Ive dropped my weight down to 86.5kg and plan on getting it much lower. Will all this make a significant enough difference so that in a month and a half I will have a sizeable drop in my results to avoid taking statins? Anyone else done something similar ?
You're doing everything by the book, you should see some good results. Don't get too disappointed if you don't get the kind of numbers you want at first, you'll get there.

Let us know,