Cholesterol Community
cholesterol

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

cholesterol

Hi!  I have a sister who is 67 yrs. old, and is taking Simvastatin 20 mg. every evening,after supper.  Her good cholesterol is high and her bad cholesterol is okay.  She continues to take La Vache qui rit  twice a week in the morning.  Her trig and bad cholesterol is okay therefore she fears nothing. Why does her doctor continues to prescribe her Simvastatin 20 mg. when her bad Cholesterol is okay?  She has already asked her family doctor but she was given the answer that her good cholesterol is high and she has to continue to take Simvastatin 20 mgs.  She does not want to take it anymore because according to her it is the good  cholesterol which is high and usually it is the good that fights the bad cholesterol which is okay.  If the bad cholesterol and the tryglyceride is affected then she said it is not good.  We are very glad to hear about your opinion on this matter.  Thank u in advance.
Much depends on the breakdown of her numbers. If you can provide her HDL, LDL and TGL as well as her total, perhaps I can point you in the right direction.

Jon

Jon