Cholesterol Community
cholestrol and viatmind D

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.

cholestrol and viatmind D

hi to all
my age is 37 male.
having high BP but controlled with ACE inhibitor.

my cholesterol level is
serum cholesterol 243
LDL 161
HDL 53
Triglyceride 119

I don't eat any med for high cholesterol
I have vitamin d deficiency 13.5 .
I want to ask that if I take injection of vitamin d3 6 lacs unit per month then this injection ll
increase my cholesterol level or not ?

and what can be done to control high cholesterol level  without med as I play badminton daily for
1 hour.
have a nice day.
Vitamin D injections should not raise your cholesterol levels. Your LDL is very high at 161 and needs to be treated. Has your doctor recommended meds yet and if so what is your concern?
my concern is to reduce cholesterol without medicines.
I respect your wish to lower cholesterol levels without medication. However, I believe you should consider taking them.  

You are taking a pretty strong drug (ACE inhibitor) already, and frankly in my opinion a more invasive drug than common statin drugs.  Statin drugs to lower cholesterol are considered very safe.  Certainly you can lower cholesterol with diet and exercise, but it sounds like you pretty fit.  

I also chose not to take a statin drug when I was diagnosed with high cholesterol, but after heart attacks, a pacemaker, and bypass surgery, I changed my mind.  I believe I made a poor choice when I was young like you with the diagnosis of high cholesterol and trigs.  

I understand your thought process, but hope you change your mind and try them.  You will have your blood tested within 90 days and if you have the very rare complication, you can simply stop taking them.

Keep us informed.
i am on diet from last 2 weeks and am more physical active and will
check my choleric after 4 weeks then decide what to do.
thx for your reply brother.  
we have almost the same numbers. How are your new test results?
now my total cholestrol is 201
ldl 121
Vit D supp does not raise cholesterol.  But if your cholesterol gets lower with or without meds, your vit D level will likely decrease. Since you're already deficient in vit D, you certainly need to start vit D supp more aggressively as you attempt to lower your cholesterol level.  Have you considered high potency sublingual vit D pills?  I just got some 10,000IU dissolvable ones from local health store (100 ct for ~$20) - probably cheaper and easier than injection.
Cholesterol is a critical chemical. It's a basic building block for virtually every body function.
Without it or without adequate amounts, we suffer and die. It's required to create Vitamin D. It's required for nerve function, including all mental functions.
Cell membranes would disintegrate without it. Sex hormones require it. Digestion requires it. Even the heart requires it.
Since it's so necessary, it's clear lowering cholesterol levels too far must be harmful. It's so important that our bodies have a cholesterol-regulating function.
When levels are too low, it's manufactured in the liver.
Cholesterol is not fat. Fat and cholesterol bear virtually no resemblance to each other. Cholesterol is not made from fat. Try looking up some lowering cholesterol diet .