Chronic Back Pain Sufferers and Pain Management User Group
Themadman periformis muscle.
About This Group:

Just a group to help each other with our back pain, and the medications and other therapies that can help us live with the best quality of life possible.

Founded by shinty on April 18, 2013
41 members

Themadman periformis muscle.

You must be knowing this exercise. However, as it is important I am posting the same.

Hip Stretches

Stretching the piriformis can help heal problems with the tailbone. The most popular piriformis stretch involves lying on your back with your feet on the floor and both knees bent. Cross one leg over the other and then grab the leg that is still on the floor and gently pull the legs toward you. When you feel a stretch in the hip area, hold for at least 20 seconds and then repeat with the other leg.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/334373-tailbone-stretches-or-exercises/#ixzz2V8RPeHb3
Hi Dalubaba,

This sounds like a very helpful exercise. Where on your back is the piriformis located ?  If you could tell, it would be very much appreciated.
I wish you well, Eve.
I shall send you the details or the link.As I remember, the sciatica nerve passes through the performs muscle or in someone it can pass by the side of the muscle.
Explanation of the location of piriformis in text form is quite confusing. Pleas Google "location of piriformis muscle". You will get photos which will help you to locate the muscle. By practicing stretching, you may try to feel the stretch in the hip area . This will be more practical way .
Dalubaba commented on photo
Dec 17
Dalubaba commented on margypops's status
Dec 01
MYoungAtHeart commented on nursegirl6572's status
Nov 23