Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Adrenal Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Adrenal Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue

I have been on thyroid meds for about 3 years now.  It has been almost a year and finally found a good doctor to diagnose that I have adrenal exhaustion, chronic fatigue syndrome, epstein barr.  She said I was filed with "immune system infections".  I receive weekly vitamin IV supplements as well as supplements to take during the week.  I have gained 25 lbs, exhausted, muscle aches, etc.  My md told me that she has treated 1 person worse than me and it took her about 9 months to start seeing results.  I am so upset and frustrated.  Does it really take that long and besides vitamins, supplements, and my thyroid meds (which have been increased so my tests are coming back at the proper levels) what else can I do?  
glad you found a good doctor that you like.
bad answer warning*
yes sorry it takes a long time - it always takes longer than any of us want.
i was diagnosed with adrenal exhaustion four years ago. it has gradually improved over the years
this is what i do - and some would disagree of course:
cut out all stressful situations.
digestive supplements with some meals
yeah, some vitamins and minerals
i drink filtered water. in fact i will get another ilter which will remove copper from drinking water.
i also had hyperthyroidism and it is such a trick. i no w believe it is symptomatic of the adrenal fatigue - so although medication treats the numbers for test results, it still is only treating symptoms.
good adrenal fatigue info resources are:
drlwilson. com
drlam. com
adrenalfatigue. org
best wishes. i know it's a challenge
I am curioius about the tests for adrenal issues.  I did one with saliva that says my DHEA and cort levels are good.  Another doctor said that the saliva tests are very unreliable, and that a urine test of some sort is needed.  I have been dealing with unrelenting fatigue, headaches, chills, and dizziness issues after having EBV a year ago.  Something has had to cause this change in me, and adrenals are something I need to revisit. Any comments on the tests, and how docs come to a conclusion would be of interest.  Is adrenal fatigue different from addisons?