Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
CFS without swollen lymph nodes?

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

CFS without swollen lymph nodes?

Does anyone here not have swollen lymph nodes? I ask because my doctor believes I have CFS, yet I don't have swollen lymph nodes which I thought was sort of a requirement for diagnosis. I've been severely fatigued for over 2 years, and spend most days so tired I can barely function. I do have muscular pain (but it seems to be isolated to my arms and shoulders, although my leg muscles get really sore and extremely fatigued when walking), new/worse headaches, and I tend to feel fluish often but not daily.

Thanks for any info!
Hi, i have recently been diagnosed with CFS and i do not have swollen lymph nodes either. I wasn't even aware that this was a requirement for diagnosis. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia just over a year ago which i know also has similar symptoms to CFS but my fatigue was so severe that my GP sent me for tests for CFS as he wasn't convinced that it was purely down to fibromyalgia. There aren't really specific tests but there is a test which for the life of me i cant remember the name of (sorry having a fibro fog moment) lol. But i would go back to your doctor and ask if there are any tests that can be done. I hope that helps.