Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
CFS?

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

CFS?

Hello everyone,

I'm not really sure what to ask here, but overall, I guess I'm wondering how many of you have been diagnosed with CFS (or if you have been diagnosed), the symptoms you experience, and what you have done to help yourself.  

I am almost 31 years old and when I was 21 I had mono.  I've read many people's comments about getting doctors to take you seriously, and it took me two months, four trips to different doctors, and me asking the last doctor to do a mono test on me.  Low and behold, I had mono.  I didn't really know anything about it at the time, so I took three days off of work thinking that would be enough for recovery.  Prior to having mono, the last time I took a nap was when I was a kid.  When I had it, I would come home from work every day around 3:30 p.m. and sleep the rest of the night.  I did this for a few months.  Since, I have never felt the same.  The past year and a half or so seems to have gotten a little bit better, but prior to that, any time I had a day off, I would take a nap.  

For the past eight years I've had insomnia, even though I'm extremely tired, so I know that affects the way I feel, too.  My biggest issue is that my immune system is junk.  I've had sinus issues ever since I was a kid, but for the past year and a half, I've been experiencing a low-grade fever.  My normal body temperature is between 97 and 98 degrees, but now I experince weeks where it's 99 to 100 and I don't feel well when this happens.  It goes back to normal for a week or maybe two, but then it goes back up.  I talked to a doctor about this a few months ago and she told me that anything below 101 is not a fever.  I realize everybody's body temperature is different, and mine isn't high enough to be cause for alarm, but I am certain it's got something to do with the way I feel.  I almost wish the doctors would find something wrong with me just so that I could have a remedy for the problem, but I've had blood tests done and nothing has come up.  I just haven't felt well in years and it's getting tiresome.  

Have any of you experienced anything similar?