Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
What causes Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Because i'v suffered from CFS since i was in grade 4 (i'm now in grade 11) but i was only diagnosed with it at the beginning of last year.I was just wondering if it was caused by the bullying i was going through in grade 4 through to grade 7.The bullying was only words by the boys saying i'm fat and stuff like that. I kept the bullying to myself tho.So do you think that could be a possible reason i have CFS? or maybe something else?
HI,
This may not be chronic fatigue syndrome, but may be secondary to stress. This can be secondary to bullying. You should just ignore the bullying and concentrate on your studies and sports and try to develop yourself into a better person. Or if possible a change of school may be considered. Take your parents and friends into confidence to sort out the problem.
Hope this helps.
Many experts will say viral infection is not the cause. However, from experience I believe viral infection is indeed the cause. For instance, I was healthy young 18 year old when I first contracted EBV & CMV. I was sick for a week or two followed by variety of symptoms. I felt unrefreshed sleep, headaches, cognitvie abilities and lack of confidence. Prior to everything I was a healthy individual with no symptoms. Fast forward, ten years later my heath is not that great. Cognitive difficulties is my major complain. Some days I feel great while other time I feel crappy.

You should ask your doc to perform CMV, EBV and HHV6 test. If you indeed have any of these viral infection then I recommend you take rest along with good vitamins, avoid any kind of stress. Stress will only make your symptoms worse and may cause you to go into depression state.

Good luck.

Ben