Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I'm just tired all day. Dosen't mean i want to fall asleep. i'm just tired.  my eyes feel dried...lack of strength and my vision blurrs and my head feels empty.  by doing some research, i figured it's chronic fatigue syndrome.  is there cure for this? and also, is this contagious? my past two girlfriends are feeling the same way. help me!
You need to go to the doctor and get a thorough work up. Chronic fatigue syndrome is not contagious, not a whole lot is known about the disease. I was diagnosed with and am still not sure that that's what's wrong with me. Unfortunately there is no cure for CFS. You can excercise that's supposed to help, and the doc may give some meds to help you feel more awake. I was tested for Epstein Barr virus and tested positive, it has something to do with mono, I don't remember ever having mono but that's besides the point, some doctors feel that there is a direct connection between mono/ epstein barr virus and Chronic Fatigue syndrome, and other doctors believe there is no connection. If there is a connection though if you or one of your girlfriends had mono and passed it along to one another and then in turn developed cfs then I gues it would kinda be contagious. I was just playing devils advocate there that is a very highly unlikely scenerio.
Nonetheless go to the doctor and explain your symptoma and they will probably run a whole battery of tests on you to figure it out. I know low level of vitamin b12 can cause severe fatigue as well as anemia. Good luck with everything.