Chronic Fatigue and Allergy Shots
I have had cfs for 25 years. But now I'm getting allergy shots as my health has lost quality over the last 5 years . My question ... can the allergy shots cause weird symptoms the next day . It's a little confusing as my health is poor at the moment . It's not like I sneeze or have classic symptoms. It's more like a flu feeling . Which I am thinking is my immune system in reaction to the allergy shot . Headaches and classic body aches as well. Any help is appreciated. I need the shots as it's become so bad , that after 1 year I will not able to work. If I can control the allergies , I will be able to work a few more years maybe - John
Hi, welcome to the forum, allergy shots can be associated with flu like symptoms. Other wise it can be a sign of upper respiratory tract infection secondary to influenza virus A and B, parainfluenza, coronavirus (types 1-3), rhinovirus and human metapneumovirus. This can be complicated by bacterial infections. If bacterial infection is suspected then appropriate antibiotics will help. Otherwise pain killers against prescription will give you quiet a relief. If you are having sign's of allergy then oral anti histaminics will relieve the allergic symptoms. I suggest you to consult physician. Take care and regards.