Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Chronic Fatigue and Allergy Shots

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Chronic Fatigue and Allergy Shots

I have had cfs for 25 years. But now I'm getting allergy shots as my health has lost quality over the last 5 years . My question ... can the allergy shots cause weird symptoms the next day . It's a little confusing as my health is poor at the moment . It's not like I sneeze or have classic symptoms. It's more like a flu feeling . Which I am thinking is my immune system in reaction to the allergy shot . Headaches and classic body aches as well. Any help is appreciated. I need the shots as it's become so bad , that after 1 year I will not able to work. If I can control the allergies , I will be able to work a few more years maybe - John
Hi, welcome to the forum, allergy shots can be associated with flu like symptoms. Other wise it can be a sign of upper respiratory tract infection secondary to influenza virus A and B, parainfluenza, coronavirus (types 1-3), rhinovirus and human metapneumovirus. This can be complicated by bacterial infections. If bacterial infection is suspected then appropriate antibiotics will help. Otherwise pain killers against prescription will give you quiet a relief. If you are having sign's of allergy then oral anti histaminics will relieve the allergic symptoms. I suggest you to consult physician. Take care and regards.