Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Constant yawning and fatigue

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Constant yawning and fatigue

After constant hospital visits from EKGs blood and urine samples to clinic visit testing for all stds and HIV everything came back normal and clean but daily I feel drowsy and constantly yawning "besides the wheezes and chest pains" what could be the problem doctors say anxiety but I been fairly happy what could be the problem I've read about iron deficency anemia but I doubt that's the problem but I have had countless blood drawings and before that barely ate for bout a week or two can someone plz help life in shandles right now
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, anemia can cause symptoms of fatigue and drowsiness. If you have not been eating well, its likely that anemia could be causing your symptoms. Was a Hb done?  This can help detect anemias. Hemoglobin is measured in grams per deciliter of blood. The normal levels are women: 12.1 to 15.1 gm/dl and men: 13.8 to 17.2 gm/dl. Diabetes Mellitus and Hypothyroidism could also cause the symptoms described by you. A simple blood test could help detect diabetes and hypothyroidism. Consult your primary care physician for these tests. In the meantime you can focus on consuming regular well balanced meals and sleeping well, this may help resolve your symptoms. Regards.
There can be many causes of excessive yawnings and these include drowsiness, disorders related to excessive sleeping, vasovagal reaction or brain problems. Chronic fatigue syndrome often manifests with widespread myalgia and arthralgia, cognitive difficulties, chronic mental and physical exhaustion. Complete physical examination along with investigations like ESR blood, platelet count etc are required.
I feel that you should consult a sleep specialist and a physician and get polysomnograms(sleep study) done to find a confirmatory diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.