Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Coping with post viral fatigue

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Coping with post viral fatigue

I am now at one year of being diagnosed with post viral fatigue after a bout of what was thought to be the epstein barr virus.  I spend 2 days at Mayo clinic having numerous tests run, and they came to this conclusion after ruling out dysautonomia.  I am a 48 year old male who has never encountered anything like this in my life.  I was doing triathlons and 10ks routinely prior to this, and eating as healthy as I can.  My doctor has now turned to enahncing my quality of life with various supplements, with nuvigil being the best one.  Even so, I am really struggling to keep up working (35 hours a week) at a job I love and doing anything close to exercising or having a social life.  Basically survival is how I approach each day.  Curious if anyone with this has had any luck with anti depressants to even things out.  It is unreal how I can sleep 9 hours and still feel brain fog and fatigue 24/7.  Thank you.
Dang, I'm suffering the same thing after getting mononucleosis really bad in 2009.. The virus wiped me out for months, but now 2 years later I still get fatigued and nauseated.  For me, The more sleep i get the worse I feel.  So, more sleep does not equal feeling better for me either.  The symtpoms really seem to go "mostly" dormant in the summer, but come november they come back.  
Hard to believe these viruses can do this to a person literally over night. Have you taken anythnig to help your situation?  I cannot believe it has been a year and still I struggle.  The only area that is suspect is hormones, with those all being on the low end of the normal range.  My doc mentioned trying testosterone supplements to see if that does anything for me.  I think he is will to try things for me which makes me feel good.